Problems with DVD burner

I am running a SONY Vaio VGC-RA825G with XP MC 2005 on sp2.

It comes installed with a Sony DVD RW DW-D22A dvd burning drive.

I don't know what happened, but lately, it will not burn DVDs.

I use the Click2DVD program that came preinstalled with my computer,
and I have made DVDs in the past with the "dvr-ms" files that media
center likes to record in.

But recently, when I get to the "crate DVD" screen, it states that my
DVD RW drive is not found, even though I have never opened up the
computer. The drive still reads DVDs and CDs, and it will burn with
DVD decrypter. It also stoped burning CD-R as well.
I have done nothing to change the properties and drivers of the DVD
drive.

Do you guys think this may be a hardware or software problem?

--
choitoy57
3 answers Last reply

    Do you have other DVD burning software on the PC?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "choitoy57" <choitoy57.1n7hpn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I am running a SONY Vaio VGC-RA825G with XP MC 2005 on sp2.
    >
    > It comes installed with a Sony DVD RW DW-D22A dvd burning drive.
    >
    > I don't know what happened, but lately, it will not burn DVDs.
    >
    > I use the Click2DVD program that came preinstalled with my computer,
    > and I have made DVDs in the past with the "dvr-ms" files that media
    > center likes to record in.
    >
    > But recently, when I get to the "crate DVD" screen, it states that my
    > DVD RW drive is not found, even though I have never opened up the
    > computer. The drive still reads DVDs and CDs, and it will burn with
    > DVD decrypter. It also stoped burning CD-R as well.
    > I have done nothing to change the properties and drivers of the DVD
    > drive.
    >
    > Do you guys think this may be a hardware or software problem?
    >

    > --
    > choitoy57

    You may find more help at the windows.mediacentre newsgroup.
    I don't have an mce, but assuming the same principles apply,
    My computer
    R/Click on the dvd drive
    properties
    recording
    make sure enable cd recording is ticked.

    Have you added any new software, just before this happened? Like DVD
    decryptor, which may have taken over the writing properties. Can you use
    system restore to go back to a point when it did work?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "choitoy57" <choitoy57.1n7hpn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I am running a SONY Vaio VGC-RA825G with XP MC 2005 on sp2.
    >
    > It comes installed with a Sony DVD RW DW-D22A dvd burning drive.
    >
    > I don't know what happened, but lately, it will not burn DVDs.
    >
    > I use the Click2DVD program that came preinstalled with my computer,
    > and I have made DVDs in the past with the "dvr-ms" files that media
    > center likes to record in.
    >
    > But recently, when I get to the "crate DVD" screen, it states that my
    > DVD RW drive is not found, even though I have never opened up the
    > computer. The drive still reads DVDs and CDs, and it will burn with
    > DVD decrypter. It also stoped burning CD-R as well.
    > I have done nothing to change the properties and drivers of the DVD
    > drive.
    >
    > Do you guys think this may be a hardware or software problem?
    >

    > --
    > choitoy57

    CD-R drive or CD-RW drive is not recognized as a recordable device
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316529

    see if this info has relevence with your dvd r/rw at all

    "choitoy57" <choitoy57.1n7hpn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I am running a SONY Vaio VGC-RA825G with XP MC 2005 on sp2.
    >
    > It comes installed with a Sony DVD RW DW-D22A dvd burning drive.
    >
    > I don't know what happened, but lately, it will not burn DVDs.
    >
    > I use the Click2DVD program that came preinstalled with my computer,
    > and I have made DVDs in the past with the "dvr-ms" files that media
    > center likes to record in.
    >
    > But recently, when I get to the "crate DVD" screen, it states that my
    > DVD RW drive is not found, even though I have never opened up the
    > computer. The drive still reads DVDs and CDs, and it will burn with
    > DVD decrypter. It also stoped burning CD-R as well.
    > I have done nothing to change the properties and drivers of the DVD
    > drive.
    >
    > Do you guys think this may be a hardware or software problem?
    >

    > --
    > choitoy57

Video Windows XP