Computer Crashing

Tags:
  • Computers
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Windows 7
  • Displays
Last response: in Windows 7
December 29, 2010 12:35:20 AM

My apologies if this is not in the correct section. The last few months my computer's display driver has been crashing, and the last 10 days or so if has turned from just the display driver crashing and recovering to the entire computer siezing up. I amnot very computer savy and could really use some help. I got the following from the event log, buit I have no idea what it really means. I do not have the any other time except when I play games.(WOW & Bad Company 2) I have not seen any specific pattern as to what might be causing this to happen. Sometime I'm fine for hours other times, it has multiple times in an hour. I greatly appreciate any and all help.

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
WD-20101225-2043.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA80085A1350
BCP2: FFFFF88003E7E008
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

More about : computer crashing

a b $ Windows 7
December 29, 2010 8:42:17 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Windows 7 by Buwish
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b $ Windows 7
December 29, 2010 2:16:12 PM

Please provide a full description of your system. Is your video card the original one that came with your computer, or is it a newer one? How old is the computer? Have you been able to clean all the accumulated dust out of it, and out of its heat sinks? Are all of its fans working?
Related resources
December 29, 2010 8:22:49 PM

More information would help, but code 117 is very often due to video driver. Try removing the display driver and installing a fresh. Post your minidump, or possibly give more details if the issue continues after trying that.
December 30, 2010 9:23:14 AM

1. If your computer starts crashing after you add a new piece of hardware, remove the hardware and uninstall whatever software you installed with it.

2. If removing the hardware solves the problem, contact the manufacturer or visit its Web site to see if there's a later driver version that fixes the problem.

3. If removing the hardware doesn't solve the problem, it's possible that some Windows files were changed when you installed the drivers, which are the files that enable a particular piece
December 30, 2010 2:37:51 PM

If your computer crashes while under a heavy load, here are some suggestions...

1. It could be heat related. Dust things out and set all components at stock clocks if you've ventured into the world of overclocking.

2. It could be power related. If you have a spare power supply lying around, consider swapping out your PSU.

!