TRYING TO COPY SOME MOVIE ONTO DVD FOR MY WIFES COUSIN WHO FORGOT HIS
INSTALLATION DISC. DOWNLOADED THE DRIVER FROM THE SONY SITE BUT THE PC
DOESNT RECOGNISE THE HARDWARE WHEN I PLUG IN THE USB CABLE. THIS IS A
FIREWIRE TO USB CABLE DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS

It would help if you had the manual, try reading it on Sony's site.
USB to Firewire cables do not exist.
I assume it is the usb you are using, and if you are trying to capture with
the likes of MM you'll find it near impossible,as it needs firewire. If you
don't have firewire, see if you can d/l image mixer I think it's called from
sony, which is designed for use with usb.
USB will give you poor results though.

Can you not post in capitals, it's classified as shouting and rude on
newsgroups, also difficult to read..

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"SPIDER3798" <SPIDER3798@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> TRYING TO COPY SOME MOVIE ONTO DVD FOR MY WIFES COUSIN WHO FORGOT HIS
> INSTALLATION DISC. DOWNLOADED THE DRIVER FROM THE SONY SITE BUT THE PC
> DOESNT RECOGNISE THE HARDWARE WHEN I PLUG IN THE USB CABLE. THIS IS A
> FIREWIRE TO USB CABLE DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS

Many thanks for the suggestion i will try it as soon as possible. Sorry about
the breach of protocol