Was just wondering, I know you can put clips onto Window Movie Maker but you
need cables and all that. My question is, my computer has a DVD input and can
play DVDs. Was wondering if I can use the DVD drive, put in a DVD and take
clips from the DVD to use in WMM? I've been trying to find answers for that
question but none seem to help.

To simplify that question, can you play a DVD in Windows Movie Maker and
copy clips from it to use in the program without all the cables, and just use
the DVD drive you have?

I downloaded DVD decrypter, learned how to rip chapters from the DVD, but
still unsure about doing the five second clips.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor will both copy DVDs to your hard drive. You
> can find them by Googling.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "amjl81" <amjl81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Was just wondering, I know you can put clips onto Window Movie Maker but
> > you
> > need cables and all that. My question is, my computer has a DVD input and
> > can
> > play DVDs. Was wondering if I can use the DVD drive, put in a DVD and take
> > clips from the DVD to use in WMM? I've been trying to find answers for
> > that
> > question but none seem to help>
> > To simplify that question, can you play a DVD in Windows Movie Maker and
> > copy clips from it to use in the program without all the cables, and just
> > use
> > the DVD drive you have?

Windows Movie Maker isn't really designed for editing VOB files. Sometimes
you can rename the file extension to MPEG and WMM will like them, sometimes
it just won't and there's nothing you can do.

Nero has a good editor, as does WinDVD Creator and my personal favorite,
Cybermedia's PowerDirector. Try a trial version of each (www.nero.com,
www.intervideo.com and www.gocyberlink.com) and see which one you like. If
you use WMM and like it, try PowerDirector first, it's VERY similar to WMM,
if you can edit in WMM, you can edit in PD.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging