Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

DVR-MS (Media Center Video) won't write to DVD

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:31:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I have a media center PC (Elonex Exentia Gold) which will record TV shows no
problem, but will not let me write (create) DVDs...?
Any help appreciated...
Thanks
Ken
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:31:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

First of all which version of Windows Media Center are you running?

Is this one you built yourself or purchased from a store?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP

"Ken Deciacco" <kdeciacco@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:utDolV4PFHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have a media center PC (Elonex Exentia Gold) which will record TV shows
>no problem, but will not let me write (create) DVDs...?
> Any help appreciated...
> Thanks
> Ken
>
>
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 12:16:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Thanks for your prompt reply Cari....
My PC is a Prize from Microsoft UK (and Elonex) and Windows XP MCE came
pre-installed. I have applied patches and updates as below...
My version of MCE is as follows...


Host Name: EXENTIA
OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: kdeciacco
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 76487-OEM-0011903-00867
Original Install Date: 02/02/2005, 20:08:33
System Up Time: 0 Days, 0 Hours, 7 Minutes, 39 Seconds
System Manufacturer: ELONEX PLC
System Model: eXentia
System type: X86-based PC
Processor(s): 2 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
GenuineIntel ~2992 Mhz
[02]: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
GenuineIntel ~2992 Mhz
BIOS Version: GATEWA - 1
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
System Locale: en-gb;English (United Kingdom)
Input Locale: en-gb;English (United Kingdom)
Time Zone: (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh,
Lisbon, London
Total Physical Memory: 510 MB
Available Physical Memory: 271 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size: 2,048 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 2,000 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use: 48 MB
Page File Location(s): C:\pagefile.sys
Domain: KENHOME
Logon Server: \\EXENTIA
Hotfix(s): 47 Hotfix(s) Installed.
[01]: File 1
[02]: File 1
[03]: File 1
[04]: File 1
[05]: File 1
[06]: File 1
[07]: File 1
[08]: File 1
[09]: File 1
[10]: File 1
[11]: File 1
[12]: File 1
[13]: File 1
[14]: File 1
[15]: File 1
[16]: File 1
[17]: File 1
[18]: File 1
[19]: File 1
[20]: File 1
[21]: File 1
[22]: Q147222
[23]: KB887998 - QFE
[24]: KB890629 - Update
[25]: KB895678 - Update
[26]: MC05Upd1 - Update
[27]: KB834707 - Update
[28]: KB867282 - Update
[29]: KB873333 - Update
[30]: KB873339 - Update
[31]: KB885250 - Update
[32]: KB885835 - Update
[33]: KB885836 - Update
[34]: KB886185 - Update
[35]: KB887472 - Update
[36]: KB887742 - Update
[37]: KB887998 - Update
[38]: KB888113 - Update
[39]: KB888302 - Update
[40]: KB890047 - Update
[41]: KB890175 - Update
[42]: KB890859 - Update
[43]: KB890923 - Update
[44]: KB891781 - Update
[45]: KB893066 - Update
[46]: KB893086 - Update
[47]: KB893803 - Update
NetWork Card(s): 3 NIC(s) Installed.
[01]: Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter
Connection Name: Wireless Network
Connection
DHCP Enabled: Yes
DHCP Server: 192.168.2.1
IP address(es)
[01]: 192.168.2.13
[02]: Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Connection Name: Local Area Connection
[03]: 1394 Net Adapter
Connection Name: 1394 Connection

Many thnaks for your help
Ken


"Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
news:uNDNa74PFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> First of all which version of Windows Media Center are you running?
>
> Is this one you built yourself or purchased from a store?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "Ken Deciacco" <kdeciacco@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:utDolV4PFHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>I have a media center PC (Elonex Exentia Gold) which will record TV shows
>>no problem, but will not let me write (create) DVDs...?
>> Any help appreciated...
>> Thanks
>> Ken
>>
>>
>
>
>
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 12:37:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

If you have the Sonic Encoders, then you should be able to burn the DVR-MS
files straight from the Media Center. It's installed by default on MCE 2005
PCs that come from places like HP, Dell etc, but the OEM version that an
individual can purchase (with appropriate hardware from certain stores) does
not include this package.

In this case you can use third party software like WinDVD Creator, Roxio EMC
v7.5 and Nero Ultra 6. As yet Cyberlink's PowerDirector v4 does not play
nice on MCE 2005, v3 works most of the time!

You can check which encoder is on your system by running the Microsoft
Decoder Checkup from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP

"Ken Deciacco" <kdeciacco@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o WUOlQ5PFHA.248@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Thanks for your prompt reply Cari....
> My PC is a Prize from Microsoft UK (and Elonex) and Windows XP MCE came
> pre-installed. I have applied patches and updates as below...
> My version of MCE is as follows...
>
>
> Host Name: EXENTIA
> OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
> OS Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
> OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
> OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
> OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
> Registered Owner: kdeciacco
> Registered Organization:
> Product ID: 76487-OEM-0011903-00867
> Original Install Date: 02/02/2005, 20:08:33
> System Up Time: 0 Days, 0 Hours, 7 Minutes, 39 Seconds
> System Manufacturer: ELONEX PLC
> System Model: eXentia
> System type: X86-based PC
> Processor(s): 2 Processor(s) Installed.
> [01]: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
> GenuineIntel ~2992 Mhz
> [02]: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
> GenuineIntel ~2992 Mhz
> BIOS Version: GATEWA - 1
> Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
> System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
> Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
> System Locale: en-gb;English (United Kingdom)
> Input Locale: en-gb;English (United Kingdom)
> Time Zone: (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh,
> Lisbon, London
> Total Physical Memory: 510 MB
> Available Physical Memory: 271 MB
> Virtual Memory: Max Size: 2,048 MB
> Virtual Memory: Available: 2,000 MB
> Virtual Memory: In Use: 48 MB
> Page File Location(s): C:\pagefile.sys
> Domain: KENHOME
> Logon Server: \\EXENTIA
> Hotfix(s): 47 Hotfix(s) Installed.
> [01]: File 1
> [02]: File 1
> [03]: File 1
> [04]: File 1
> [05]: File 1
> [06]: File 1
> [07]: File 1
> [08]: File 1
> [09]: File 1
> [10]: File 1
> [11]: File 1
> [12]: File 1
> [13]: File 1
> [14]: File 1
> [15]: File 1
> [16]: File 1
> [17]: File 1
> [18]: File 1
> [19]: File 1
> [20]: File 1
> [21]: File 1
> [22]: Q147222
> [23]: KB887998 - QFE
> [24]: KB890629 - Update
> [25]: KB895678 - Update
> [26]: MC05Upd1 - Update
> [27]: KB834707 - Update
> [28]: KB867282 - Update
> [29]: KB873333 - Update
> [30]: KB873339 - Update
> [31]: KB885250 - Update
> [32]: KB885835 - Update
> [33]: KB885836 - Update
> [34]: KB886185 - Update
> [35]: KB887472 - Update
> [36]: KB887742 - Update
> [37]: KB887998 - Update
> [38]: KB888113 - Update
> [39]: KB888302 - Update
> [40]: KB890047 - Update
> [41]: KB890175 - Update
> [42]: KB890859 - Update
> [43]: KB890923 - Update
> [44]: KB891781 - Update
> [45]: KB893066 - Update
> [46]: KB893086 - Update
> [47]: KB893803 - Update
> NetWork Card(s): 3 NIC(s) Installed.
> [01]: Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter
> Connection Name: Wireless Network
> Connection
> DHCP Enabled: Yes
> DHCP Server: 192.168.2.1
> IP address(es)
> [01]: 192.168.2.13
> [02]: Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
> Connection Name: Local Area Connection
> [03]: 1394 Net Adapter
> Connection Name: 1394 Connection
>
> Many thnaks for your help
> Ken
>
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> news:uNDNa74PFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> First of all which version of Windows Media Center are you running?
>>
>> Is this one you built yourself or purchased from a store?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>
>> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>>
>> "Ken Deciacco" <kdeciacco@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:utDolV4PFHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>>I have a media center PC (Elonex Exentia Gold) which will record TV shows
>>>no problem, but will not let me write (create) DVDs...?
>>> Any help appreciated...
>>> Thanks
>>> Ken
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
!