Hauppauge WinTV-PVR: USB2 or 350?

I am considering purchasing one of the new Hauppauge PVR units. I
would prefer to buy the USB2 unit I think (to use with my laptop) if
the performance and reliability is comparable to the 350.

Does anyone have any experience with the USB2 unit? What do you think?

--Bruce
1 answer Last reply
More about hauppauge wintv usb2

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 18:33:40 GMT, Bruce
    <bvanderw-news5021@mailblocks.com> wrote:

    >I am considering purchasing one of the new Hauppauge PVR units. I
    >would prefer to buy the USB2 unit I think (to use with my laptop) if
    >the performance and reliability is comparable to the 350.
    >
    >Does anyone have any experience with the USB2 unit? What do you think?
    >
    >--Bruce

    I have the Win TV USB2 version and it rocks... but you got to have it
    connected to USB 2 for optimal performance.
    I use it to capture TV series that I like and then remove the
    commercials and burn to DVD... the capture quality is excellent... I
    was using a TV Wonder Pro but the quality was not as good... and
    having hardware mpeg encoder makes all the difference for me...
    I am very happy with it...
    Glenn M

    A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM...Pink Floyd

Tuner Cards Desktops Hauppauge WinTV Graphics