Hauppauge WinTV-PVR: USB2 or 350?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 20, 2004 10:33:40 PM

I am considering purchasing one of the new Hauppauge PVR units. I
would prefer to buy the USB2 unit I think (to use with my laptop) if
the performance and reliability is comparable to the 350.

Does anyone have any experience with the USB2 unit? What do you think?

--Bruce
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 10:25:40 PM

On Thu, 20 May 2004 18:33:40 GMT, Bruce
<bvanderw-news5021@mailblocks.com> wrote:

>I am considering purchasing one of the new Hauppauge PVR units. I
>would prefer to buy the USB2 unit I think (to use with my laptop) if
>the performance and reliability is comparable to the 350.
>
>Does anyone have any experience with the USB2 unit? What do you think?
>
>--Bruce

I have the Win TV USB2 version and it rocks... but you got to have it
connected to USB 2 for optimal performance.
I use it to capture TV series that I like and then remove the
commercials and burn to DVD... the capture quality is excellent... I
was using a TV Wonder Pro but the quality was not as good... and
having hardware mpeg encoder makes all the difference for me...
I am very happy with it...
Glenn M

A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM...Pink Floyd
!