Can I do this with Premiere's "Move" function?

I know how to move video around the screen and zoom into it, etc., with
Premiere's "move" effect. Is there a way I can, say, have a video using a
film effect while a "square" moves around showing parts of the screen in
color? (Does that make sense?)

I'm thinking about somehow having two copies of the same clip on top of
each other on the timeline, then using a different effect for each one.
The bottom clip will use a film effect while the top one will be in color,
and I'll just overlay part of the color version over the film version.
Would this work?

Jim Patterson <hangfire@arthur.avalon.net> wrote:

>I know how to move video around the screen and zoom into it, etc., with
>Premiere's "move" effect. Is there a way I can, say, have a video using a
>film effect while a "square" moves around showing parts of the screen in
>color? (Does that make sense?)
>
>I'm thinking about somehow having two copies of the same clip on top of
>each other on the timeline, then using a different effect for each one.
>The bottom clip will use a film effect while the top one will be in color,
>and I'll just overlay part of the color version over the film version.
>Would this work?

Yep - check out http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/ and head for the
tutorials, there's one there that explains exactly how to do this sort
of effect.

Cheers

--
Kevin Gleeson
Blue Rocket Productions

Hmmm I can't find that one on the site...do you have a direct link?
Thanks

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Kevin Gleeson wrote:

> Jim Patterson <hangfire@arthur.avalon.net> wrote:
>

> >I know how to move video around the screen and zoom into it, etc., with
> >Premiere's "move" effect. Is there a way I can, say, have a video using a
> >film effect while a "square" moves around showing parts of the screen in
> >color? (Does that make sense?)
> >
> >I'm thinking about somehow having two copies of the same clip on top of
> >each other on the timeline, then using a different effect for each one.
> >The bottom clip will use a film effect while the top one will be in color,
> >and I'll just overlay part of the color version over the film version.
> >Would this work?
>
> Yep - check out http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/ and head for the
> tutorials, there's one there that explains exactly how to do this sort
> of effect.
>
> Cheers
>

> --
> Kevin Gleeson
> Blue Rocket Productions
> www.blue-rocket.com.au
> www.hoota-snoz.com

Jim Patterson <hangfire@arthur.avalon.net> wrote:

>Hmmm I can't find that one on the site...do you have a direct link?
>Thanks

http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/tutdes_colorpass.htm that
will give you the basics on what to do to get the colour separated.
Combine that with what you have worked out on the move function I
think should get you there.

Cheers

--
Kevin Gleeson