Digital photos to VCD/SVCD/DVD

Era

I have tried a few software to make a slideshow with my digital photos
to VCD/SVCD/DVD. I have been successful but the end product on playing
on desktop DVD player are not that good at all! DVD format was just OK,
but was a far cry from the original on my PC screen!

Any recommendation? (I have tried the Ulead range of products)

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

era <name@name.com> wrote in message news:<40ad3f8e$1@clarion.carno.net.au>...
> I have tried a few software to make a slideshow with my digital photos
> to VCD/SVCD/DVD. I have been successful but the end product on playing
> on desktop DVD player are not that good at all! DVD format was just OK,
> but was a far cry from the original on my PC screen!
>
> Any recommendation? (I have tried the Ulead range of products)

For just slideshows, I use Proshow Gold from http://www.photodex.com/
The new version says it will even accept video clips, but I haven't
tried that yet.

I get crystal clear pictures with smooth transitions on VCD and SVCD.
Lots of new text options and "Ken Burns" effect. Everything you need
to author disks is included. Download and test the program for free
from their website.

Good luck,

Eric

era <name@name.com> wrote:
: I have tried a few software to make a slideshow with my digital photos
: to VCD/SVCD/DVD. I have been successful but the end product on playing
: on desktop DVD player are not that good at all! DVD format was just OK,
: but was a far cry from the original on my PC screen!

: Any recommendation? (I have tried the Ulead range of products)

What are you looking at them on (size & type of TV screen)? The bigger
your screen the better quality you need to look "good" In other words if
you're looking at a DVD/VCD on a portable player with a 5 or 7 inch screen
you'll need less quality to look "good" than you'll need using a 30 inch
monitor.

Sony's SCREENBLAST MOVIE STUDIO (around $100 US) can do this just fine. It
also has the capability of zoomiing in/out and panning your digital
stills.

Richard Amirault
Boston, MA, USA

Mr

On Fri, 21 May 2004 16:13:22 +0000 (UTC), Richard G Amirault
<amirault@shell01.TheWorld.com> wrote:

>era <name@name.com> wrote:
>: I have tried a few software to make a slideshow with my digital photos
>: to VCD/SVCD/DVD. I have been successful but the end product on playing
>: on desktop DVD player are not that good at all! DVD format was just OK,
>: but was a far cry from the original on my PC screen!
>
>: Any recommendation? (I have tried the Ulead range of products)

If you are running XP have you tried Movie Maker 2? Works pretty good
and is free.
MR