Any free DVD burning software

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I have software (Vegas 4) which can create MPG2 video files etc. The DVD drive
came with Nero which can burn DVDs.
Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2 files. Are
there any free options available.

Once Nero from Ahead was free to use for 30 days as a demo, maybe they
still give this opportunity. Give it a try from www.nero.com .

123 wrote:

>I have software (Vegas 4) which can create MPG2 video files etc. The DVD drive
>came with Nero which can burn DVDs.
>Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2 files. Are
>there any free options available.

Usually a DVD burner comes with sotware to author DVDs. Look at the
stuff you got, there may be a package already included in the bundle.

En ce beau jour de printemps du 21/05/2004 11:26, 123 a tapoté :
> Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2 files. Are
> there any free options available.

Hello,
So it seems you need an authoring software, not a burning software.
You can look at http://dvdauthor.sourceforge.net
Not simple, but on this page you will find some links to graphical
frontend for it as well as some links to docs and others software.
--
Triff

Funprice <jhbusscherNOSPAM@freemail.nl> wrote in

> Once Nero from Ahead was free to use for 30 days as a demo, maybe they
> still give this opportunity. Give it a try from www.nero.com .

123 Copy DVD might do what you're looking to do? Worth looking into. Not
free, but alot closer to free than Nero's full price.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

123 <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote:

>I have software (Vegas 4) which can create MPG2 video files etc. The DVD drive
>came with Nero which can burn DVDs.
>Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2 files. Are
>there any free options available.

As you already have Nero you can use the Create Video option in Nero
and drag your mpeg files to the VIDEO_TS folder that Nero creates.
Check out the user guides on the Nero site.

Regards Brian

On Fri, 21 May 2004 12:26:16 +0300, 123
<bogus@mail.address.com> wrote:

>I have software (Vegas 4) which can create MPG2 video files etc. The DVD drive
>came with Nero which can burn DVDs.
>Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2 files. Are
>there any free options available.

get Ifoedit from www.doom9.org
only does one title. There are ways to combine mulitiple
titles read the Guides.
If you want menus check the software you got with the DVD
burner drive or or purchase something cheap like DVDlab
(i've never used it, but others have)

HTH
slippery

"123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
> I have software (Vegas 4) which can create MPG2 video files etc. The DVD
drive
> came with Nero which can burn DVDs.
> Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2
files. Are
> there any free options available.

You might like the TMPGEnc DVD Author; they have a 30
day trial. It's a very intuitive program.

Luck;
Ken

Redfox

"123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
> I have software (Vegas 4) which can create MPG2 video files etc. The DVD
drive
> came with Nero which can burn DVDs.
> Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2
files. Are
> there any free options available.

As someone else suggested IfoEdit is the way to go. You can also use Daemon
Tools and DVDDecrypter to burn. After MyDVD created several coasters I went
to the above 3 tools and now I have no more (coasters).

I have a tutorial, if you want one.

MR