Any free DVD burning software

I have software (Vegas 4) which can create MPG2 video files etc. The DVD drive
came with Nero which can burn DVDs.
Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2 files. Are
there any free options available.
8 answers Last reply
More about free burning software

    Once Nero from Ahead was free to use for 30 days as a demo, maybe they
    still give this opportunity. Give it a try from www.nero.com .

    123 wrote:

    >I have software (Vegas 4) which can create MPG2 video files etc. The DVD drive
    >came with Nero which can burn DVDs.
    >Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2 files. Are
    >there any free options available.

    Usually a DVD burner comes with sotware to author DVDs. Look at the
    stuff you got, there may be a package already included in the bundle.

    En ce beau jour de printemps du 21/05/2004 11:26, 123 a tapoté :
    > Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2 files. Are
    > there any free options available.

    Hello,
    So it seems you need an authoring software, not a burning software.
    You can look at http://dvdauthor.sourceforge.net
    Not simple, but on this page you will find some links to graphical
    frontend for it as well as some links to docs and others software.
    --
    Triff

    Funprice <jhbusscherNOSPAM@freemail.nl> wrote in

    > Once Nero from Ahead was free to use for 30 days as a demo, maybe they
    > still give this opportunity. Give it a try from www.nero.com .

    123 Copy DVD might do what you're looking to do? Worth looking into. Not
    free, but alot closer to free than Nero's full price.

    123 <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote:

    >I have software (Vegas 4) which can create MPG2 video files etc. The DVD drive
    >came with Nero which can burn DVDs.
    >Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2 files. Are
    >there any free options available.

    As you already have Nero you can use the Create Video option in Nero
    and drag your mpeg files to the VIDEO_TS folder that Nero creates.
    Check out the user guides on the Nero site.

    Regards Brian

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 12:26:16 +0300, 123
    <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote:

    >I have software (Vegas 4) which can create MPG2 video files etc. The DVD drive
    >came with Nero which can burn DVDs.
    >Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2 files. Are
    >there any free options available.

    get Ifoedit from www.doom9.org
    only does one title. There are ways to combine mulitiple
    titles read the Guides.
    If you want menus check the software you got with the DVD
    burner drive or or purchase something cheap like DVDlab
    (i've never used it, but others have)

    HTH
    slippery

    "123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
    > I have software (Vegas 4) which can create MPG2 video files etc. The DVD
    drive
    > came with Nero which can burn DVDs.
    > Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2
    files. Are
    > there any free options available.

    You might like the TMPGEnc DVD Author; they have a 30
    day trial. It's a very intuitive program.

    Luck;
    Ken

    "123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
    > I have software (Vegas 4) which can create MPG2 video files etc. The DVD
    drive
    > came with Nero which can burn DVDs.
    > Now I only need software to create a VIDEO_TS directory from my MPG2
    files. Are
    > there any free options available.

    As someone else suggested IfoEdit is the way to go. You can also use Daemon
    Tools and DVDDecrypter to burn. After MyDVD created several coasters I went
    to the above 3 tools and now I have no more (coasters).

    I have a tutorial, if you want one.

    MR

Tuner Cards Video DVD Burning Software Graphics