Another bleedin' tropical storm

Oh, the joys of coastal living....

TS Cindy (what a terrible name for a storm) is bearing down on the LA coast
with 70 mph winds (I don't know how many metrics that is) and is expected to
dump up to 10 inches (a kilogram, maybe?) of rain in some areas.

I probably won't have electrickery in the morning.

Yay.

\m/
Thad
42 answers Last reply
More about another bleedin tropical storm

    Yeah, I'm pissed.... It was suppose to be heading here... We've had a
    total of 1/2 inch of rain in two months........ They're starting water
    rationing for lawn watering.... We need another Allision or whatever
    Neils storm was called....

    --

    "The Buffalo Theory"

    A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest
    buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest
    and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This
    natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because
    the general speed and health of the whole group keeps
    improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
    In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as
    fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of
    alcohol, as we know, kill brain cells. But naturally,
    it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.
    In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the
    weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more
    efficient machine! That's why you always feel smarter
    after a few beers.

    Cannon Fodder wrote:
    > Yeah, I'm pissed.... It was suppose to be heading here... We've had a
    > total of 1/2 inch of rain in two months........ They're starting water
    > rationing for lawn watering.... We need another Allision or whatever
    > Neils storm was called....

    I'll bet you're not wishing for this next one.
    Even if it *is* named Dennis.

    --
    Thad

    Yeah, we don't need Dennis... Think I'll wait for Sharon.... :)

    --

    Cannon Fodder wrote:
    > Yeah, we don't need Dennis... Think I'll wait for Sharon.... :)

    It looks like Dennis is going right through where most of my friends and
    family live unless it drifts further this way.
    My brother works for NAVO and has friends in the NWS, so I'm getting up
    to the minute info and it's not looking good.

    :-(

    -=-
    Thad

    True... A cat 4 storm while still moving over land does not bode well
    for the Gulf Coast... Sustained winds now 152 MPH... Won't take much
    more to hit cat 5.....

    On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:48:52 -0500, t h a d

    --

    "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > True... A cat 4 storm while still moving over land does not bode well
    > for the Gulf Coast... Sustained winds now 152 MPH... Won't take much
    > more to hit cat 5.....

    and you know where it's heading? :( Man, we need rain but not like
    that!
    McG.

    > On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:48:52 -0500, t h a d
    > <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Cannon Fodder wrote:
    >>> Yeah, we don't need Dennis... Think I'll wait for Sharon.... :)
    >>>

    >> It looks like Dennis is going right through where most of my friends
    >> and family live unless it drifts further this way.
    >> My brother works for NAVO and has friends in the NWS, so I'm getting
    >> up to the minute info and it's not looking good.
    >>
    >> :-(
    >>
    >> -=-
    >> Thad

    On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 01:41:06 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

    >"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> True... A cat 4 storm while still moving over land does not bode well
    >> for the Gulf Coast... Sustained winds now 152 MPH... Won't take much
    >> more to hit cat 5.....
    >
    >and you know where it's heading? :( Man, we need rain but not like
    >that!
    >McG.

    Well, up here in the Midwest, we are looking forward to the remnants
    that will pass by. Same boat as CF here in Indy with no rain in quite
    awhile. I have friends driving to Montgomery, AL on Sunday. They are
    hoping to beat the storm there. Not a drive I would want to take.

    Erik

    <GeoTheCat> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 01:41:06 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    > <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >>> True... A cat 4 storm while still moving over land does not bode
    >>> well for the Gulf Coast... Sustained winds now 152 MPH... Won't
    >>> take much more to hit cat 5.....
    >>
    >> and you know where it's heading? :( Man, we need rain but not like
    >> that!
    >> McG.
    >
    > Well, up here in the Midwest, we are looking forward to the remnants
    > that will pass by. Same boat as CF here in Indy with no rain in quite
    > awhile. I have friends driving to Montgomery, AL on Sunday. They are
    > hoping to beat the storm there. Not a drive I would want to take.
    >
    > Erik

    I live across town from CF :) He and I are in the same boat.
    McG.

    "Thad" <spyder@barques.com> wrote in message
    > Oh, the joys of coastal living....
    >
    > TS Cindy (what a terrible name for a storm) is bearing down on the LA
    > coast
    > with 70 mph winds (I don't know how many metrics that is) and is expected
    > dump up to 10 inches (a kilogram, maybe?) of rain in some areas.
    >
    > I probably won't have electrickery in the morning.
    >
    > Yay.
    >
    > \m/
    > Thad

    This one looks pretty bad - any of you guys n gals affected?

    > "Thad" <spyder@barques.com> wrote in message
    >> Oh, the joys of coastal living....
    >>
    >> TS Cindy (what a terrible name for a storm) is bearing down on the LA
    >> coast
    >> with 70 mph winds (I don't know how many metrics that is) and is expected
    >> dump up to 10 inches (a kilogram, maybe?) of rain in some areas.
    >>
    >> I probably won't have electrickery in the morning.
    >>
    >> Yay.
    >>
    >> \m/
    >> Thad
    >>

    > This one looks pretty bad - any of you guys n gals affected?

    Sorry - meant to add a link to the news here in the UK... but excessive beer
    meant wrong buttons were pressed...

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4667307.stm

    Anyone we know in the mandatory evacuation area?

    Thad lives in New Orleans and could be swamped... McGrandpa and I are
    in Houston, pretty much out of the track for this one.... There will
    be more.... Looks like Florida. and Alabama will catch the brunt....
    Oh well they flush the estuaries and improve fishing...

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:46:09 +0100, "Shawk"
    <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:

    >"Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Thad" <spyder@barques.com> wrote in message
    >>> Oh, the joys of coastal living....
    >>>
    >>> TS Cindy (what a terrible name for a storm) is bearing down on the LA
    >>> coast
    >>> with 70 mph winds (I don't know how many metrics that is) and is expected
    >>> dump up to 10 inches (a kilogram, maybe?) of rain in some areas.
    >>>
    >>> I probably won't have electrickery in the morning.
    >>>
    >>> Yay.
    >>>
    >>> \m/
    >>> Thad
    >>>

    >> This one looks pretty bad - any of you guys n gals affected?
    >>

    >Sorry - meant to add a link to the news here in the UK... but excessive beer
    >meant wrong buttons were pressed...
    >
    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4667307.stm
    >
    >Anyone we know in the mandatory evacuation area?

    --

    "The Buffalo Theory"

    A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest
    buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest
    and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This
    natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because
    the general speed and health of the whole group keeps
    improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
    In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as
    fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of
    alcohol, as we know, kill brain cells. But naturally,
    it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.
    In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the
    weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more
    efficient machine! That's why you always feel smarter
    after a few beers.

    > "Thad" <spyder@barques.com> wrote in message
    >> Oh, the joys of coastal living....
    >>
    >> TS Cindy (what a terrible name for a storm) is bearing down on the LA
    >> coast
    >> with 70 mph winds (I don't know how many metrics that is) and is
    >> expected to
    >> dump up to 10 inches (a kilogram, maybe?) of rain in some areas.
    >>
    >> I probably won't have electrickery in the morning.
    >>
    >> Yay.
    >>
    >> \m/
    >> Thad
    >>

    > This one looks pretty bad - any of you guys n gals affected?

    We finally got a few minutes of rain in Houston. That's all I've seen
    so far.
    McG.

    Shawk wrote:

    > This one looks pretty bad - any of you guys n gals affected?

    Most of my family lives right in the path. My mother, grandma, and
    sister are on their way here to stay with me. We're *only* supposed to
    get 40-70 mph winds.
    They live northwest of Mobile. I guess tomorrow I'll be headed over
    there to find out if there's anything left.

    --
    Thad

    > Thad lives in New Orleans and could be swamped... McGrandpa and I are
    > in Houston, pretty much out of the track for this one.... There will
    > be more.... Looks like Florida. and Alabama will catch the brunt....
    > Oh well they flush the estuaries and improve fishing...

    Lol. Sounds like you need to keep yer heads down and clean yer
    bait-boxes...

    "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > Thad lives in New Orleans and could be swamped... McGrandpa and I are
    > in Houston, pretty much out of the track for this one.... There will
    > be more.... Looks like Florida. and Alabama will catch the brunt....
    > Oh well they flush the estuaries and improve fishing...

    New Orleans is a place I'd love to see (read a lot of Anne Rice who makes it
    sound like a fantastic place). Hope it goes easy on you down there Thad.

    Shawk wrote:

    > New Orleans is a place I'd love to see (read a lot of Anne Rice who makes it
    > sound like a fantastic place). Hope it goes easy on you down there Thad.

    Thanks, I appreciate that.

    Let me know when you're coming to NOLA. Neil has been here twice, and
    Firewater is *supposed* to be coming. We'll see.
    CF quit coming here when they closed the Canal Street brothel, so I had
    to go to Houston to meet him.
    :-)

    --
    Thad

    "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
    > Shawk wrote:
    >>
    >> New Orleans is a place I'd love to see (read a lot of Anne Rice who makes
    >> it sound like a fantastic place). Hope it goes easy on you down there
    >> Thad.
    >>

    > Thanks, I appreciate that.
    >
    > Let me know when you're coming to NOLA. Neil has been here twice, and
    > Firewater is *supposed* to be coming. We'll see.
    > CF quit coming here when they closed the Canal Street brothel, so I had to
    > go to Houston to meet him.
    > :-)

    They have brothels in Houston?

    Thanks for that - I'll shout when I'm going down that way - you get to see
    the best places with folk in the know.

    "t h a d" wrote

    > They live northwest of Mobile. I guess tomorrow I'll be headed over there
    > to find out if there's anything left.

    Cross my fingers for your family but I think Dennis won't take notice

    - Peter

    Peter [AGHL] wrote:
    > "t h a d" wrote
    >
    >>They live northwest of Mobile. I guess tomorrow I'll be headed over there
    >>to find out if there's anything left.
    >>

    > Cross my fingers for your family but I think Dennis won't take notice

    Thanks, Peter.

    --

    > Shawk wrote:
    >>

    >> This one looks pretty bad - any of you guys n gals affected?
    >
    > Most of my family lives right in the path. My mother, grandma, and
    > sister are on their way here to stay with me. We're *only* supposed to
    > get 40-70 mph winds.
    > They live northwest of Mobile. I guess tomorrow I'll be headed over
    > there to find out if there's anything left.

    From me and mine; our hopes and well wishes go with you.
    McG.

    "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote
    > Let me know when you're coming to NOLA. Neil has been here twice, and
    > Firewater is *supposed* to be coming. We'll see.

    One day in the not too distant future, Thad:)

    > CF quit coming here when they closed the Canal Street brothel, so I had
    > to go to Houston to meet him.

    Yes, it's awful being made unemployed, isn't it?
    -\o/-
    David
    davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

    McGrandpa wrote:
    > "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Shawk wrote:
    >>

    >>>This one looks pretty bad - any of you guys n gals affected?
    >>
    >>Most of my family lives right in the path. My mother, grandma, and
    >>sister are on their way here to stay with me. We're *only* supposed to
    >>get 40-70 mph winds.
    >>They live northwest of Mobile. I guess tomorrow I'll be headed over
    >>there to find out if there's anything left.
    >

    > From me and mine; our hopes and well wishes go with you.
    > McG.

    Thanks for everyone's good thoughts.

    Everybody is OK, with no major damage.
    I was a nervous wreck all day because my Grandmother made it halfway
    here Sunday morning and then *turned back* and went home and my Mom and
    sister had to turn around and follow her.
    Fortunately for us it hit further east than originally expected, so they
    were OK. I feel really bad for the people in the affected areas, though.
    The flooding in the states to the north is going to be disastrous, with
    up to 10 inches of rain expected in areas that just aren't able to deal
    with it.

    OK, who's ready for Emily?
    :-)

    **
    Thad

    t h a d proclaimed...

    > Everybody is OK, with no major damage.

    I knew it, you lot must be used to it by now. Don't envy you your
    weather

    --
    "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

    www.stri.tk - site and blog

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >
    > Thanks for everyone's good thoughts.
    >
    > Everybody is OK, with no major damage.

    Glad to hear it.

    > I was a nervous wreck all day because my Grandmother made it halfway here
    > Sunday morning and then *turned back* and went home and my Mom and sister
    > had to turn around and follow her.
    > Fortunately for us it hit further east than originally expected, so they
    > were OK. I feel really bad for the people in the affected areas, though.
    > The flooding in the states to the north is going to be disastrous, with up
    > to 10 inches of rain expected in areas that just aren't able to deal with
    > it.
    >
    > OK, who's ready for Emily?
    > :-)

    Everyone moans about the weather in the UK but we dont get the extremes that
    others do and I'm grateful for that. If a rotten tree goes over in a storm
    it's a major news item.

    Yeah, and it looks like Florida is getting ready for another, Emily...
    Those poor bastards over there have caught holy hell for the last two
    years.... Good thing they have a great Governor in Jeb Bush....
    Looking forward to Bush 45 in 2012... He'll make a good'un...

    --

    > Yeah, and it looks like Florida is getting ready for another, Emily...
    > Those poor bastards over there have caught holy hell for the last two
    > years.... Good thing they have a great Governor in Jeb Bush....
    > Looking forward to Bush 45 in 2012... He'll make a good'un...
    >

    > On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:55:05 GMT, Strider
    > <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:
    >
    >> t h a d proclaimed...
    >>
    >>> Everybody is OK, with no major damage.
    >>
    >> I knew it, you lot must be used to it by now. Don't envy you your
    >> weather

    Are they CLONING them Bushes?
    McG.

    t h a d wrote:

    > OK, who's ready for Emily?
    > :-)

    Did she work in the canal street brothel..?

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    No, but her Grandmother did.... Ah was her pimp... Girl was a money
    machine.... Hump, Hump, Hump...... Her name was Delta Dawn....

    Cannon Fodder wrote:

    > On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:21:36 +0100, Ben Coverall
    > <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote:
    >

    >>t h a d wrote:
    >>

    >>>OK, who's ready for Emily?
    >>>:-)
    >>
    >>Did she work in the canal street brothel..?
    >

    > No, but her Grandmother did.... Ah was her pimp... Girl was a money
    > machine.... Hump, Hump, Hump...... Her name was Delta Dawn....

    Liar.
    The Canal Street brothel was run by three generations of *women*.
    :-)

    --
    Thad

    HeHe, I really fooled ya when I met ya didn't I big boy.... Yum,
    Yum....

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:11:44 -0500, t h a d

    --

    "Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote in message
    >t h a d wrote:
    >
    >> OK, who's ready for Emily?
    >> :-)
    >
    > Did she work in the canal street brothel..?

    All wet and wild when she arrives and takes your house and car when she
    leaves?

    > "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> Yeah, and it looks like Florida is getting ready for another, Emily...
    >> Those poor bastards over there have caught holy hell for the last two
    >> years.... Good thing they have a great Governor in Jeb Bush....
    >> Looking forward to Bush 45 in 2012... He'll make a good'un...
    >>

    >> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:55:05 GMT, Strider
    >> <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:
    >>
    >>> t h a d proclaimed...

    >>> I knew it, you lot must be used to it by now. Don't envy you your
    >>> weather
    >
    > Are they CLONING them Bushes?
    > McG.

    Didn't I hear of a Hurricane Bush? Completely misses middle America?

    Wrong, completely envelopes Mid America, The heartland, God's
    country.... The weak kneed stayed on the east coast, the freaky
    dreamers kept on to the west coast and the decent family people
    looking for a good life settled in the fertile plains in the
    middle....

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:21:27 +0100, "Shawk"

    > Cannon Fodder wrote:
    >

    >> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:21:36 +0100, Ben Coverall
    >> <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote:

    >>> Did she work in the canal street brothel..?
    >>

    >> No, but her Grandmother did.... Ah was her pimp... Girl was a money
    >> machine.... Hump, Hump, Hump...... Her name was Delta Dawn....
    >
    > Liar.
    > The Canal Street brothel was run by three generations of *women*.
    > :-)

    He's a crossdresser?!?!?!??! ;)
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > He's a crossdresser?!?!?!??! ;)
    > McG.

    His original nick was "Granny McTranny" but he butched up and changed it
    to "Cannon Fodder".

    --
    Thad

    "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote
    > All wet and wild when she arrives and takes your house and car when she
    > leaves?

    Hehehe. Guess that sums up my ex-wife too.
    --

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >

    >> He's a crossdresser?!?!?!??! ;)
    >> McG.
    >
    > His original nick was "Granny McTranny" but he butched up and changed
    > it to "Cannon Fodder".

    Right right. Ok. Say... in one of the pics of him, wasn't he wearing
    a gown? Heh!
    Had a halo on? LOL!
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:
    > "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>McGrandpa wrote:
    >>

    >>>He's a crossdresser?!?!?!??! ;)
    >>>McG.
    >>
    >>His original nick was "Granny McTranny" but he butched up and changed
    >>it to "Cannon Fodder".
    >

    > Right right. Ok. Say... in one of the pics of him, wasn't he wearing
    > a gown? Heh!
    > Had a halo on? LOL!
    > McG.

    And you saw how tightly Vis was gripping that shotgun- just in case.

    --

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >> "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message

    >>> His original nick was "Granny McTranny" but he butched up and
    >>> changed it to "Cannon Fodder".
    >>

    >> Right right. Ok. Say... in one of the pics of him, wasn't he
    >> wearing a gown? Heh!
    >> Had a halo on? LOL!
    >> McG.
    >>

    > And you saw how tightly Vis was gripping that shotgun- just in case.

    And Jack had a white-knuckled double handhold on his crowbar too :)
    McG.

    <that's how ya seperate the men from the boys on the north side...with a
    crowbar!> ;)

    I believe that was right after I told him I was going to shove it up
    his ass if he pointed it at my head again.... Good reason to white
    knuckle it...... :)

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:34:08 -0500, t h a d

    > I believe that was right after I told him I was going to shove it up
    > his ass if he pointed it at my head again.... Good reason to white
    > knuckle it...... :)

    It just tickles me you both were carrying what seem to be your weaps of
    choice in HLDM! :)
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:
    > "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message