Shorten 82 min Video to 80 min for VCD

Hello,

I have a video that is 82 minutes long. I would like to make it 80, so I can
burn it as a VCD. I tried overburning and my DVD player can't find the disk. It
brings up an empty mp3 menu.

Is there a program that will go through and shrink the video automatically?
Seems like a .01 second here and there would hardly be noticed.

I googled and that's how I learned about overburning. I tried disk at once as
was suggested, as well as track at once.

I use VirtualDub for my captures and simple editing.

Thank you in advance,
Steve
My real email address is dealsgalore[A-T]earthlink.net

www.cheap-land.com
3 answers Last reply
More about shorten video

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 20:03:30 GMT, Steve
    <THISISAFAKE@ADDRESS.000> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have a video that is 82 minutes long. I would like to make it 80, so I can
    >burn it as a VCD. I tried overburning and my DVD player can't find the disk. It
    >brings up an empty mp3 menu.
    >
    >Is there a program that will go through and shrink the video automatically?
    >Seems like a .01 second here and there would hardly be noticed.
    >
    >I googled and that's how I learned about overburning. I tried disk at once as
    >was suggested, as well as track at once.
    >
    >I use VirtualDub for my captures and simple editing.
    >
    >Thank you in advance,
    >Steve
    >My real email address is dealsgalore[A-T]earthlink.net
    >
    >www.cheap-land.com

    what i do for VCD's that are a little long is alter the
    bitrates of the audio and video and using Tmpgenc make sure
    to make it a 'MPEG-1 VCD (non standard)'.

    maybe a quick fix (re-)encode your audio stream at say 128
    instead of VCD standard 224 and mux with the video mpeg
    stream as a 'MPEG-1 VCD (non standard)' just remember not to
    use a total bitrate higher than the Allowable 1500 or so.

    HTH
    Slippery

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 03:49:29 GMT, slippery <slippery@invalid.invalid> wrote:
    <<snip>>

    >what i do for VCD's that are a little long is alter the
    >bitrates of the audio and video and using Tmpgenc make sure
    >to make it a 'MPEG-1 VCD (non standard)'.
    >
    >maybe a quick fix (re-)encode your audio stream at say 128
    >instead of VCD standard 224 and mux with the video mpeg
    >stream as a 'MPEG-1 VCD (non standard)' just remember not to
    >use a total bitrate higher than the Allowable 1500 or so.
    >
    >HTH
    >Slippery

    Hi Slippery,

    Thanks for the suggestion.

    I tried the bitrate suggestion. I cut the video from 1050 bitrate to 450 and the
    audio from 192 to 64. The video still shows up as 81 minutes 53 seconds. This
    was done as a non-standard MPEG-1 as you mentioned.

    Steve wrote:

    >On Sat, 22 May 2004 03:49:29 GMT, slippery <slippery@invalid.invalid> wrote:
    ><<snip>>
    >
    >>what i do for VCD's that are a little long is alter the
    >>bitrates of the audio and video and using Tmpgenc make sure
    >>to make it a 'MPEG-1 VCD (non standard)'.
    >>
    >>maybe a quick fix (re-)encode your audio stream at say 128
    >>instead of VCD standard 224 and mux with the video mpeg
    >>stream as a 'MPEG-1 VCD (non standard)' just remember not to
    >>use a total bitrate higher than the Allowable 1500 or so.
    >>
    >>HTH
    >>Slippery
    >
    >Hi Slippery,
    >
    >Thanks for the suggestion.
    >
    >I tried the bitrate suggestion. I cut the video from 1050 bitrate to 450 and the
    >audio from 192 to 64. The video still shows up as 81 minutes 53 seconds. This
    >was done as a non-standard MPEG-1 as you mentioned.
    >
    >Steve
    >
    >My real email address is dealsgalore[A-T]earthlink.net
    >
    >www.cheap-land.com

    Well, of course the time length of the video won't change, it will
    always be 81:53. The size of the mpg file will change though.

    Cutting the bitrate to 450 was drastic and will look horrible. Leave
    the video bit rate at 1050 and cut the audio to 64kbps then see if it
    will burn to an 80 minute CD-R

Tuner Cards Video VCD Graphics