I am trying to help a friend prepare a video cd for her daughter's graduation
party. I have made a movie using photos, music, transitions, etc, in windows
movie maker. I have tried using several different routes of burning this to
cd-r and cd-rw, but none will play on my dvd player. Ihave even tried
several different brands of media. Please can someone tell me what i am
missing???

If this is a standalone DVD player, you need to check that it will play
VCDs. Best place to look is www.videohelp.com
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Shelley NNP" <ShelleyNNP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to help a friend prepare a video cd for her daughter's
>graduation
> party. I have made a movie using photos, music, transitions, etc, in
> windows
> movie maker. I have tried using several different routes of burning this
> cd-r and cd-rw, but none will play on my dvd player. Ihave even tried
> several different brands of media. Please can someone tell me what i am
> missing???

The rpoblem probably lies in the fact that you need to use 3rd party
software to burn a vcd. MM doesn't make a proper vcd and doesn't play on dvd
players only pc's. Do a google search for vcdeasy, which will accept an avi
file you save from MM and make a proper vcd, or svcd the better quality one.
Check out how to save as dv-avi in MM at
www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
if you don't know how to do that.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

> If this is a standalone DVD player, you need to check that it will play
> VCDs. Best place to look is www.videohelp.com
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "Shelley NNP" <ShelleyNNP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to help a friend prepare a video cd for her daughter's
> >graduation
> > party. I have made a movie using photos, music, transitions, etc, in
> > windows
> > movie maker. I have tried using several different routes of burning
this
> > cd-r and cd-rw, but none will play on my dvd player. Ihave even tried
> > several different brands of media. Please can someone tell me what i am
> > missing???

Latest posts