DVD RECORDER PROBLEM

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 21, 2004 8:28:08 PM

I record TV programs on a Sony standalone DVD recorder and edit out
commercials on my computer. This worked fine at first. However,
now the computer doesn't recognize the whole DVD. It can only "see"
and play about 5 minutes of it. That is puzzling because the DVD
plays fine on the standalone recorder. What could be wrong? Is
this a software or hardware problem? My computer uses an NEC
ND-1300A DVD+/-RW drive.

Thank you.

More about : dvd recorder problem

May 24, 2004 4:32:35 AM

lestrike@hotmail.com (lesy) wrote:

>I record TV programs on a Sony standalone DVD recorder and edit out
>commercials on my computer. This worked fine at first. However,
>now the computer doesn't recognize the whole DVD. It can only "see"
>and play about 5 minutes of it. That is puzzling because the DVD
>plays fine on the standalone recorder. What could be wrong? Is
>this a software or hardware problem? My computer uses an NEC
>ND-1300A DVD+/-RW drive.
>
>Thank you.

Have a think about what might have changed such as the type of DVD you
are recording on when you had this problem. Have you made any changes
to your computer?
Can your computer still play the DVD disk that it was able to play
before you had this problem (if you still have the original video on
the DVD disc)?

Regards Brian
!