Assualt

Next week we're planning on releasing the remade version of cs_assault
to Counter-Strike: Source owners. If you don't currently own CS: Source,
you can purchase it through Steam via any of the Half-Life 2 packages.
Along with the release of cs_assault, we'll be including a rebuilt
version of the existing Terrorist model. Over the next few months we'll
be expanding the model selections for both teams.

Time for another bash methinks

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog
26 answers Last reply
More about assualt

    WildStyle24_7 wrote:
    > Which one is cs_assault?

    The most copied/remade CS map in history

    A picture from Valves remake
    http://www.planethalflife.com/screenshot.asp?src=/images/screensnew/valve_20050701_1.jpg

    - Peter

    Peter [AGHL] wrote:

    > A picture from Valves remake

    Some more:
    http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/June3.2005/?l=english

    - Peter

    Strider wrote:
    > Next week we're planning on releasing the remade version of cs_assault
    > to Counter-Strike: Source owners. If you don't currently own CS: Source,
    > you can purchase it through Steam via any of the Half-Life 2 packages.
    > Along with the release of cs_assault, we'll be including a rebuilt
    > version of the existing Terrorist model. Over the next few months we'll
    > be expanding the model selections for both teams.
    >
    > Time for another bash methinks

    Time and place ya wanker!
    Though I've been out of CS since our last LANparty in April.
    I can even supply a server but it would be on the good coast. i.e. not
    your side of the pond.

    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

    Ooh :)

    Nuff sed.

    Which one is cs_assault?

    --
    Sqn Ldr John "Basher" WildStyle (Retired)
    DFC & Bar, DSO

    WildStyle24_7 proclaimed...

    > Which one is cs_assault?

    Yup.

    --

    "Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
    > WildStyle24_7 proclaimed...
    >
    > > Which one is cs_assault?
    >
    > Yup.

    I agree.

    Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

    > A picture from Valves remake
    > http://www.planethalflife.com/screenshot.asp?src=/images/screensnew/valve_20050701_1.jpg

    And most of the remakes I've seen up to now have been fantastic.

    --
    "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

    www.stri.tk - site and blog

    Jimbob proclaimed...

    > Ooh :)
    >
    > Nuff sed.

    There's an update available and I'm pretty sure it's assault and the new
    CS model.

    --
    "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

    www.stri.tk - site and blog

    It was a dark and stormy night in alt.games.half-life when Peter [AGHL]
    exclaimed:

    > A picture from Valves remake

    http://www.planethalflife.com/screenshot.asp?src=/images/screensnew/valve_20050701_1.jpg

    Oh _that_ one!

    It's been a while, you know :)

    I think I last played regularly in Beta 4(?) and probably had my last ever
    game around Beta 6...

    --
    Wildy

    Sorry, just got your post this morning.

    But if anyone wants to organise a bash sometime i'm in.

    Strider wrote:

    > Maybe Peter.

    Maybe

    > Peter how many players can you host?

    ~ 512Kb upload
    Valve says 9

    Maybe 12 (max)?

    - Peter

    If you could make it 10 that'd be 5v5.

    Any thoughts?

    Jimbob wrote:
    > If you could make it 10 that'd be 5v5.

    Or 9 versus Strider

    > Any thoughts?

    10 is ok, let's see how it goes
    I will get the needed files

    Stay tuned

    - Peter

    Strider wrote:

    > Time for another bash methinks

    Yow!

    Any custom maps worth gettin'?

    - Peter

    Jimbob proclaimed...

    On 7 Jul 2005 02:53:33 -0700, "Jimbob" <richard.burkinshaw@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Sorry, just got your post this morning.
    >
    >But if anyone wants to organise a bash sometime i'm in.

    seconded.

    dr ratt

    the man who crosses me and leaves me alive.
    he understands nothing about tuco.
    nothing.

    Strider wrote:

    > We will need more than that. Thanks though. I'll look around.

    Ok let me know :)

    - Peter

    On 7 Jul 2005 07:55:11 -0700, "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Strider wrote:
    >
    >> Maybe Peter.
    >>
    >Maybe
    >
    >> Peter how many players can you host?
    >>
    >~ 512Kb upload
    >Valve says 9
    >
    >Maybe 12 (max)?
    >
    >- Peter

    i's stick to 9 unless you want to tweak the update rate etc settings.
    follow the link i put in the thread about movie players for a handy
    little formula to help work it all out.

    On 7 Jul 2005 09:10:47 -0700, "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Strider wrote:
    >>
    >> Time for another bash methinks
    >>
    >Yow!
    >
    >Any custom maps worth gettin'?
    >
    >- Peter

    the only custom map i've really taken to lately is cs_bedbugs.
    probably should've been aim_bedbugs as there are no hostages and
    sniper rifles are the order of the day.

    "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > WildStyle24_7 wrote:
    >> Which one is cs_assault?
    >>
    > The most copied/remade CS map in history
    >
    > A picture from Valves remake
    > http://www.planethalflife.com/screenshot.asp?src=/images/screensnew/valve_20050701_1.jpg

    looks more like liverpool street station at the moment.

    Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

    > ~ 512Kb upload
    > Valve says 9
    >
    > Maybe 12 (max)?

    We will need more than that. Thanks though. I'll look around.

    --
    "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

    www.stri.tk - site and blog

    Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

    > Yow!
    >
    > Any custom maps worth gettin'?

    I'd like to stick with defaults. Most of the old maps have been revamped
    and are very pretty and different. Let's stick with them.

    --

    Jethro wrote:

    > Can I say this one more time? Lat time?

    Hehe, I think I remember your previous post
    Now that you mention it :)

    > I have a dedicated server running CS:S on my friends 10M\1M connection
    > that is updated and password protected.
    >
    > Phat's Phamily Phriendly CS:S Server
    > 24.226.66.169:27015

    Excellent :)
    The map cycle is?

    Is 2100 CEST ok?

    - Peter

    Strider wrote:
    > Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...
    >

    >>~ 512Kb upload
    >>Valve says 9
    >>
    >>Maybe 12 (max)?
    >

    > We will need more than that. Thanks though. I'll look around.

    Can I say this one more time? Lat time?

    I have a dedicated server running CS:S on my friends 10M\1M connection
    that is updated and password protected.

    Phat's Phamily Phriendly CS:S Server
    24.226.66.169:27015

    Server should always be running. I have full admin access but we don't
    have an silly server Admin mods on it.

    --

    Peter [AGHL] wrote:
    > Jethro wrote:
    >
    >>Can I say this one more time? Lat time?
    >>

    > Hehe, I think I remember your previous post
    > Now that you mention it :)
    >

    >>I have a dedicated server running CS:S on my friends 10M\1M connection
    >>that is updated and password protected.
    >>
    >>Phat's Phamily Phriendly CS:S Server
    >>24.226.66.169:27015
    >>

    > Excellent :)
    > The map cycle is?
    >
    > Is 2100 CEST ok?
    >
    > - Peter

    Sorry didn't get a chance to read before heading to a cottage for the
    weekend.

    Mapcycle is all standard maps with a few little extra's thrown in.
    Actually some cs_assault remakes we tried but should delete out now.

    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

Games Video Games