best indoor easy camera

Hi there all Ya clever people.

I need your help finding a gift for my mum.
She rarely goes out for anything worth taking picture of. She rarely reads
manuals very well, at least she has trouble understanding how to transfer
all those technical terms to the thing she holds in her hand.
But I'd love to buy her a camera so that she and dad can take pictures of
each other.

I guess you figured it out. I need
- An easy to use camera (at least for the basic functions, never mind if the
advanced stuff is far away. She wouldn't dream of even look for it)
- Good indoor quality. (I have given up indoor photographing with my camera,
since we're back at 1800 concidering shutter times)
- Mid price range. (She's no pro, and I'm not rich remember. Value for money
is the term here)
- Size is not very important. If she can carry it, she can use it. But the
smaller it is, the more make-up she can bring in her purse)
- AA batteries is a bonus (In a previous thread that was not recommended,
but remember. Here size is not that big issue.)

Please feed me with your recommendations, pros and cons, so I know where to
start looking.

My thanks in advance
Oddguy

Oddguy wrote:
> Hi there all Ya clever people.
>
> I need your help finding a gift for my mum.
> She rarely goes out for anything worth taking picture of. She rarely
> reads manuals very well, at least she has trouble understanding how
> to transfer all those technical terms to the thing she holds in her
> hand.
> But I'd love to buy her a camera so that she and dad can take
> pictures of each other.
>
> I guess you figured it out. I need

I got my Mom a Canon A75. Just leave the dial on Auto, one button turns it
on or off, and another button to take the picture. She can walk into Longs
Drugs, hand them the camera, and get pictures back. It uses AA batteries,
which was an important consideration for me, though a recharger is an
excellent idea.

There are other excellent cameras as well - for example the Kodak's with the
docking cradle seem very simple and attractive.
---
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

alex

I am not really know what brand she may prefer, however you may look for a
camera such as Kodak e.g.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Kodak/kodak_dx6440.asp This camera
uses 2 x AA batteries. Not saying it is best suit, but it may be closed to
what you want.

By the way, you can teach her to go to photo shop to develop the photos by
just pass the camera to those sales, I think this will pretty simple. Also
she can choose what she want before they are printed.

Good luck!!!

Oddguy wrote:
> Hi there all Ya clever people.
>
> I need your help finding a gift for my mum.
> She rarely goes out for anything worth taking picture of. She rarely reads
> manuals very well, at least she has trouble understanding how to transfer
> all those technical terms to the thing she holds in her hand.
> But I'd love to buy her a camera so that she and dad can take pictures of
> each other.
>
> I guess you figured it out. I need
> - An easy to use camera (at least for the basic functions, never mind if the
> advanced stuff is far away. She wouldn't dream of even look for it)
> - Good indoor quality. (I have given up indoor photographing with my camera,
> since we're back at 1800 concidering shutter times)
> - Mid price range. (She's no pro, and I'm not rich remember. Value for money
> is the term here)
> - Size is not very important. If she can carry it, she can use it. But the
> smaller it is, the more make-up she can bring in her purse)
> - AA batteries is a bonus (In a previous thread that was not recommended,
> but remember. Here size is not that big issue.)
>
> Please feed me with your recommendations, pros and cons, so I know where to
> start looking.
>
> My thanks in advance
> Oddguy

Why buy a camera that is digital? Buy her a Canon Owl, and tell her to
use 800 ISO film don't use the flash if she's shooting over ten feet.
problem solved $90

Because it is really for him.