  • Cameras
  • Movie Maker
  • Windows XP
April 17, 2005 5:24:02 PM

I have a hard time getting the answer for this from hte Movie Maker forums so
I'm hoping this forum will help me out a little quiker.
Does Movie Maker support any kind of Memory Card, or Digital Camera. Can it
download from, and save to a digital camera memory card? If not, Is this
feature planned for future versions of Movie Maker?

More about : movie maker digital cameras

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 1:41:05 AM

and what's wrong with the answers you were given?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D 7AFB35D-0230-40B2-8238-36A1909D763B@microsoft.com...
> I have a hard time getting the answer for this from hte Movie Maker forums
so
> I'm hoping this forum will help me out a little quiker.
> Does Movie Maker support any kind of Memory Card, or Digital Camera. Can
it
> download from, and save to a digital camera memory card? If not, Is this
> feature planned for future versions of Movie Maker?

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 1:41:06 AM

i didnt get any... can anyone answer here?

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> and what's wrong with the answers you were given?
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:D 7AFB35D-0230-40B2-8238-36A1909D763B@microsoft.com...
> > I have a hard time getting the answer for this from hte Movie Maker forums
> so
> > I'm hoping this forum will help me out a little quiker.
> > Does Movie Maker support any kind of Memory Card, or Digital Camera. Can
> it
> > download from, and save to a digital camera memory card? If not, Is this
> > feature planned for future versions of Movie Maker?

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:08:22 AM

Yes, it's just shown up on my pc, 3 1/2 hours...... erm..... we don't get
paid for doing this you know, it's all voluntary, sometimes you have to wait
for someone who knows the answer to view your question.
My first reply was in relation to the other question you posted, which was
similar. No idea why you think a general video newsgroup will know more
about Movie maker than the movie maker newsgroup.

Moviemaker is designed for digital video camcorders, connected by firewire
and using dv-avi file types.

No idea what if any changes MS are likely to make.

--

message news:A03FF89C-7104-4C62-85F2-3D78BE3C1EA3@microsoft.com...
> i didnt get any... can anyone answer here?
>

> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > and what's wrong with the answers you were given?
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in
> > message news:D 7AFB35D-0230-40B2-8238-36A1909D763B@microsoft.com...
> > > I have a hard time getting the answer for this from hte Movie Maker
forums
> > so
> > > I'm hoping this forum will help me out a little quiker.
> > > Does Movie Maker support any kind of Memory Card, or Digital Camera.
Can
> > it
> > > download from, and save to a digital camera memory card? If not, Is
this
> > > feature planned for future versions of Movie Maker?

April 19, 2005 12:57:48 AM

And as I mentioned in the other newsgroup, why not use Windows Explorer for
downloading the picture from the digital cameras?

What sort of functionality do u require that is not possible with Windows
Explorer?

--
Rehan
MS MVP -- Digital Media

"thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A03FF89C-7104-4C62-85F2-3D78BE3C1EA3@microsoft.com...
>i didnt get any... can anyone answer here?
>

> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> and what's wrong with the answers you were given?
>>
>> --
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
>> www.dvds2treasure.com
>> www.simplydv.com
>>

>> "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:D 7AFB35D-0230-40B2-8238-36A1909D763B@microsoft.com...
>> > I have a hard time getting the answer for this from hte Movie Maker
>> > forums
>> so
>> > I'm hoping this forum will help me out a little quiker.
>> > Does Movie Maker support any kind of Memory Card, or Digital Camera.
>> > Can
>> it
>> > download from, and save to a digital camera memory card? If not, Is
>> > this
>> > feature planned for future versions of Movie Maker?

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 12:57:49 AM

Sry, when i posted that mesage there were no replies in the other section,
and I needed to get an answer quikly. I was on a role for the day on making
this movie with my new camera, and wanted to get it finished. The only
problem was when i changed form putting in pictures to movies, the format was
incorrect. I didnt mean to sound impatient.

"Rehan" wrote:

> And as I mentioned in the other newsgroup, why not use Windows Explorer for
> downloading the picture from the digital cameras?
>
> What sort of functionality do u require that is not possible with Windows
> Explorer?
>
> --
> Rehan
> MS MVP -- Digital Media
> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
>

> "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A03FF89C-7104-4C62-85F2-3D78BE3C1EA3@microsoft.com...
> >i didnt get any... can anyone answer here?
> >

> > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
> >
> >> and what's wrong with the answers you were given?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Graham Hughes
> >> MVP Digital Media
> >> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> >> www.dvds2treasure.com
> >> www.simplydv.com
> >>

> >> "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:D 7AFB35D-0230-40B2-8238-36A1909D763B@microsoft.com...
> >> so
> >> it

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 11:16:34 AM

Adding to Graham's... Go to Videohelp.com and search the tools section for
a utility to convert Mov to Wmv or Avi.

If it is TGA files (which I highly doubt), some editors will import a TGA
sequence. WMM is not one of them. But it will import BMP and usually JPG
files and you will need to sequence them.

"thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:ECFCE37D-1514-4819-BB6A-B54A36650D34@microsoft.com...
> Sry, when i posted that mesage there were no replies in the other section,
> and I needed to get an answer quikly. I was on a role for the day on
making
> this movie with my new camera, and wanted to get it finished. The only
> problem was when i changed form putting in pictures to movies, the format
was
> incorrect. I didnt mean to sound impatient.
>
> "Rehan" wrote:
>
> > And as I mentioned in the other newsgroup, why not use Windows Explorer
for
> > downloading the picture from the digital cameras?
> >
> > What sort of functionality do u require that is not possible with
Windows
> > Explorer?
> >
> > --
> > Rehan
> > MS MVP -- Digital Media
> > www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
> >

> > "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in
> > message news:A03FF89C-7104-4C62-85F2-3D78BE3C1EA3@microsoft.com...
> > >i didnt get any... can anyone answer here?

Camera.
Is

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 2:52:25 PM

Most cameras use .movs as their file type, this needs to be changed to avi
or wmv to work with movie maker.

--

!