Movie Maker and Digital Cameras

I have a hard time getting the answer for this from hte Movie Maker forums so
I'm hoping this forum will help me out a little quiker.
Does Movie Maker support any kind of Memory Card, or Digital Camera. Can it
download from, and save to a digital camera memory card? If not, Is this
feature planned for future versions of Movie Maker?
7 answers Last reply
More about movie maker digital cameras

    and what's wrong with the answers you were given?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:D7AFB35D-0230-40B2-8238-36A1909D763B@microsoft.com...
    > I have a hard time getting the answer for this from hte Movie Maker forums
    so
    > I'm hoping this forum will help me out a little quiker.
    > Does Movie Maker support any kind of Memory Card, or Digital Camera. Can
    it
    > download from, and save to a digital camera memory card? If not, Is this
    > feature planned for future versions of Movie Maker?

    i didnt get any... can anyone answer here?

    "Graham Hughes" wrote:

    > and what's wrong with the answers you were given?
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:D7AFB35D-0230-40B2-8238-36A1909D763B@microsoft.com...
    > > I have a hard time getting the answer for this from hte Movie Maker forums
    > so
    > > I'm hoping this forum will help me out a little quiker.
    > > Does Movie Maker support any kind of Memory Card, or Digital Camera. Can
    > it
    > > download from, and save to a digital camera memory card? If not, Is this
    > > feature planned for future versions of Movie Maker?

    Yes, it's just shown up on my pc, 3 1/2 hours...... erm..... we don't get
    paid for doing this you know, it's all voluntary, sometimes you have to wait
    for someone who knows the answer to view your question.
    My first reply was in relation to the other question you posted, which was
    similar. No idea why you think a general video newsgroup will know more
    about Movie maker than the movie maker newsgroup.

    Moviemaker is designed for digital video camcorders, connected by firewire
    and using dv-avi file types.

    No idea what if any changes MS are likely to make.

    --

    message news:A03FF89C-7104-4C62-85F2-3D78BE3C1EA3@microsoft.com...
    > i didnt get any... can anyone answer here?
    >

    > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
    >
    > > and what's wrong with the answers you were given?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Graham Hughes
    > > MVP Digital Media
    > > www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
    > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > www.simplydv.com
    > >

    > > "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in
    > > message news:D7AFB35D-0230-40B2-8238-36A1909D763B@microsoft.com...
    > > > I have a hard time getting the answer for this from hte Movie Maker
    forums
    > > so
    > > > I'm hoping this forum will help me out a little quiker.
    > > > Does Movie Maker support any kind of Memory Card, or Digital Camera.
    Can
    > > it
    > > > download from, and save to a digital camera memory card? If not, Is
    this
    > > > feature planned for future versions of Movie Maker?

    And as I mentioned in the other newsgroup, why not use Windows Explorer for
    downloading the picture from the digital cameras?

    What sort of functionality do u require that is not possible with Windows
    Explorer?

    --
    Rehan
    MS MVP -- Digital Media

    "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:A03FF89C-7104-4C62-85F2-3D78BE3C1EA3@microsoft.com...
    >i didnt get any... can anyone answer here?
    >

    > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
    >
    >> and what's wrong with the answers you were given?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Graham Hughes
    >> MVP Digital Media
    >> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
    >> www.dvds2treasure.com
    >> www.simplydv.com
    >>

    >> "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message news:D7AFB35D-0230-40B2-8238-36A1909D763B@microsoft.com...
    >> > I have a hard time getting the answer for this from hte Movie Maker
    >> > forums
    >> so
    >> > I'm hoping this forum will help me out a little quiker.
    >> > Does Movie Maker support any kind of Memory Card, or Digital Camera.
    >> > Can
    >> it
    >> > download from, and save to a digital camera memory card? If not, Is
    >> > this
    >> > feature planned for future versions of Movie Maker?

    Sry, when i posted that mesage there were no replies in the other section,
    and I needed to get an answer quikly. I was on a role for the day on making
    this movie with my new camera, and wanted to get it finished. The only
    problem was when i changed form putting in pictures to movies, the format was
    incorrect. I didnt mean to sound impatient.

    "Rehan" wrote:

    > And as I mentioned in the other newsgroup, why not use Windows Explorer for
    > downloading the picture from the digital cameras?
    >
    > What sort of functionality do u require that is not possible with Windows
    > Explorer?
    >
    > --
    > Rehan
    > MS MVP -- Digital Media
    > www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
    >

    > "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:A03FF89C-7104-4C62-85F2-3D78BE3C1EA3@microsoft.com...
    > >i didnt get any... can anyone answer here?
    > >

    > > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
    > >
    > >> and what's wrong with the answers you were given?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Graham Hughes
    > >> MVP Digital Media
    > >> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
    > >> www.dvds2treasure.com
    > >> www.simplydv.com
    > >>

    > >> "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > >> message news:D7AFB35D-0230-40B2-8238-36A1909D763B@microsoft.com...
    > >> so
    > >> it

    Adding to Graham's... Go to Videohelp.com and search the tools section for
    a utility to convert Mov to Wmv or Avi.

    If it is TGA files (which I highly doubt), some editors will import a TGA
    sequence. WMM is not one of them. But it will import BMP and usually JPG
    files and you will need to sequence them.

    "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:ECFCE37D-1514-4819-BB6A-B54A36650D34@microsoft.com...
    > Sry, when i posted that mesage there were no replies in the other section,
    > and I needed to get an answer quikly. I was on a role for the day on
    making
    > this movie with my new camera, and wanted to get it finished. The only
    > problem was when i changed form putting in pictures to movies, the format
    was
    > incorrect. I didnt mean to sound impatient.
    >
    > "Rehan" wrote:
    >
    > > And as I mentioned in the other newsgroup, why not use Windows Explorer
    for
    > > downloading the picture from the digital cameras?
    > >
    > > What sort of functionality do u require that is not possible with
    Windows
    > > Explorer?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Rehan
    > > MS MVP -- Digital Media
    > > www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
    > >

    > > "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in
    > > message news:A03FF89C-7104-4C62-85F2-3D78BE3C1EA3@microsoft.com...
    > > >i didnt get any... can anyone answer here?

    Camera.
    Is

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    Most cameras use .movs as their file type, this needs to be changed to avi
    or wmv to work with movie maker.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
    www.dvds2treasure.com
    www.simplydv.com

    "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:ECFCE37D-1514-4819-BB6A-B54A36650D34@microsoft.com...
    > Sry, when i posted that mesage there were no replies in the other section,
    > and I needed to get an answer quikly. I was on a role for the day on
    making
    > this movie with my new camera, and wanted to get it finished. The only
    > problem was when i changed form putting in pictures to movies, the format
    was
    > incorrect. I didnt mean to sound impatient.
    >
    > "Rehan" wrote:
    >
    > > And as I mentioned in the other newsgroup, why not use Windows Explorer
    for
    > > downloading the picture from the digital cameras?
    > >
    > > What sort of functionality do u require that is not possible with
    Windows
    > > Explorer?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Rehan
    > > MS MVP -- Digital Media
    > > www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
    > >

    > > "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in
    > > message news:A03FF89C-7104-4C62-85F2-3D78BE3C1EA3@microsoft.com...
    > > >i didnt get any... can anyone answer here?

    Camera.
    Is

Video Memory Card Cameras Movie Maker Windows XP