How to join 2 different captures

Al

I have captured a few different minidv tapes onto my computer in .avi format.
Some of the captures are short 10-15 minute clips. I'm using Ulead Movie
Factory 4 to convert the .avi files into a dvd. How do I put multiple clips
onto 1 dvd? I would rather not have to use 1 dvd for a 10 minute movie.

Is this process of joining done in WMM or in a program like Ulead
Moviefactory?

Thanks...

Once you burn your DVD, the VOB/IFO and BUP files are created and it's not
possible to add more.

You can join all four AVI files together in something like WMM and save as
DV-AVI... then burn that resulting 40-60 minute file to DVD.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have captured a few different minidv tapes onto my computer in .avi
>format.
> Some of the captures are short 10-15 minute clips. I'm using Ulead Movie
> Factory 4 to convert the .avi files into a dvd. How do I put multiple
> clips
> onto 1 dvd? I would rather not have to use 1 dvd for a 10 minute movie.
>
> Is this process of joining done in WMM or in a program like Ulead
> Moviefactory?
>
> Thanks...

I have not used Movie Factory in years (and I think I had version 2). The
version I had would not. BUT... You should be able to make a single AVI
using WMM by combining the collections (import) and creating a new DV-AVI
file. That would import into the version I had. It would work with Version
4.

Remember, the F1 key is your friend. When specifying the file in UMF, press
F1. ;)

"Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have captured a few different minidv tapes onto my computer in .avi
format.
> Some of the captures are short 10-15 minute clips. I'm using Ulead Movie
> Factory 4 to convert the .avi files into a dvd. How do I put multiple
clips
> onto 1 dvd? I would rather not have to use 1 dvd for a 10 minute movie.
>
> Is this process of joining done in WMM or in a program like Ulead
> Moviefactory?
>
> Thanks...

Get a proper DVD authoring program and you can make them all chapters etc.
so each would be selectable individually on a DVD player.

"Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have captured a few different minidv tapes onto my computer in .avi
>format.
> Some of the captures are short 10-15 minute clips. I'm using Ulead Movie
> Factory 4 to convert the .avi files into a dvd. How do I put multiple
> clips
> onto 1 dvd? I would rather not have to use 1 dvd for a 10 minute movie.
>
> Is this process of joining done in WMM or in a program like Ulead
> Moviefactory?
>
> Thanks...

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

pjp wrote:
> Get a proper DVD authoring program and you can make them all chapters etc.
> so each would be selectable individually on a DVD player.

Are you saying that Movie Factory 4 cannot do this ?

--
Rehan
MS MVP (Digital Media)

I have no idea. I tend to stay away from most MS audio/video software as it
always seems to have little "gotcha's" in it, e.g. DMR, can't do this, can't
change format to that and/or other unknown till you try to limitations.

Just saying I have no problems with NeroVision II (in my case) creating
DVD's with multipule video captures with a front end menu so I can select
whatever one I want to watch.

In fact just did that for a friends who had a step-dancing vcr tape. I
recorded each lesson individually then added them in sequence, created the
menu for each "chapter" then burned. Put in stand alone DVD player and the
menu appears, select which chapter and it plays. Left alone (or select
chapter 1) and it plays from beginning to end.

"pjp" <pjpoirier_is_located@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have no idea. I tend to stay away from most MS audio/video software

But it's made by Ulead
;)

Graham