Installing Media Player 10

April 22, 2005 3:21:02 AM

I keep trying to install Windows Media Player because it stopped working. I
couldn't uninstall it, so I tried to get rid of all the files, which didn't
work either. So I re-downloaded MP10 in hopes that it would work. Everytime I
try to run it, it takes forever making a "backup point" and then lanches
errors saying that the logo does not match. How can I get this to work? Am I
installing the wrong thing? How do I play my .wmv files in the mean time?
April 22, 2005 3:57:06 PM

Panda wrote:
> couldn't uninstall it, so I tried to get rid of all the files, which didn't
> work either.

There you went wrong. its never a good idea to try to delete program
files directly. If u had asked before doing so there was a simple
procedure to uninstall WMP10:

Go to Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs -> Select "Show updates" on
top -> locate WMP10 down in the updates section and uninstall.

--
Rehan
MS MVP (Digital Media)