Right click for folder player.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hi there,
Does anyone remember the ability to right click on a file such as MP3 and
have it play right there and then. I used to have it, maybe pre XP, but it
was so useful. I think a small window would also appear over the folder,
for a photo too.
I would love to know what little gem this was, maybe started with P.
Thanks,
Phil

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Phil,

I have it.

Play
Queue it up
Add to playlist
Copy to CD

Is Windows Media Player your default player???

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:40b31360$0$31676$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au,
Freddo <homealone@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

http://www.acdsystems.com/english/products/mpowertools/index
--
"Don't touch that please. Your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
things with alloys and compositions and things with ... molecular

Now playing: "Ian Gillan Band - Scarabus"

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hey Byte and Wes,
Thanks for your replies but Tarkus has hit on the one I want, thanks Tarkus.
my original question was not too clear I fear. I know you can open with
programs like WMPlayer but the PicaView operation is instantaneous play.
Very handy for quick play. I will check it out.
Cheers,
Phil

"Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> Does anyone remember the ability to right click on a file such as MP3 and
> have it play right there and then. I used to have it, maybe pre XP, but
it
> was so useful. I think a small window would also appear over the folder,
> for a photo too.
> I would love to know what little gem this was, maybe started with P.
> Thanks,
> Phil

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Actually Wes,
Queue-It-Up might be OK since it starts WMPlayer quick and I can't see how
to install PicaView without installing the whole ACD mPower Tools program.
Still looking at it all.
Thanks

> Hey Byte and Wes,
> Thanks for your replies but Tarkus has hit on the one I want, thanks
Tarkus.
> my original question was not too clear I fear. I know you can open with
> programs like WMPlayer but the PicaView operation is instantaneous play.
> Very handy for quick play. I will check it out.
> Cheers,
> Phil
>
> "Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> > Does anyone remember the ability to right click on a file such as MP3
and
> > have it play right there and then. I used to have it, maybe pre XP, but
> it
> > was so useful. I think a small window would also appear over the
folder,
> > for a photo too.
> > I would love to know what little gem this was, maybe started with P.
> > Thanks,
> > Phil

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Phil;

50 bucks is 50 bucks.
Queue-It-Up doesn't start any faster for me than Play.
Double clicking a file does the same thing.

I fail to see how PicaView is going to start WMP quicker.
I would be interested in knowing if it does. :)

Keep having fun.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:40b40262$0$1585$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au,
Freddo <homealone@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Actually Wes,
> Queue-It-Up might be OK since it starts WMPlayer quick and I can't
> see how to install PicaView without installing the whole ACD mPower
> Tools program. Still looking at it all.
> Thanks
>

> "Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hey Byte and Wes,
>> Thanks for your replies but Tarkus has hit on the one I want, thanks
>> Tarkus. my original question was not too clear I fear. I know you
>> can open with programs like WMPlayer but the PicaView operation is
>> instantaneous play. Very handy for quick play. I will check it out.
>> Cheers,
>> Phil
>>
>> "Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi there,
>>> Does anyone remember the ability to right click on a file such as
>>> MP3 and have it play right there and then. I used to have it,
>>> maybe pre XP, but it was so useful. I think a small window would
>>> also appear over the folder, for a photo too.
>>> I would love to know what little gem this was, maybe started with P.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Phil

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Well PicaView has nothing to do with WMP. It is an entirely different set
up.
If you like, you can download the trial ACD mPower Tools v1.0.2.0006 that
contains PicaView as I just did
http://www.pcworlddownload.com/multimedia-graphics/image-viewer/PicaView.htm
Then right click a song or pic or movie file name to see the action. You
may like it, you may not. You can then uninstall it.
Phil

> Phil;
>
> 50 bucks is 50 bucks.
> Queue-It-Up doesn't start any faster for me than Play.
> Double clicking a file does the same thing.
>
> I fail to see how PicaView is going to start WMP quicker.
> I would be interested in knowing if it does. :)
>
> Keep having fun.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:40b40262$0$1585$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au,
> Freddo <homealone@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Actually Wes,
> > Queue-It-Up might be OK since it starts WMPlayer quick and I can't
> > see how to install PicaView without installing the whole ACD mPower
> > Tools program. Still looking at it all.
> > Thanks
> >

> > "Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hey Byte and Wes,
> >> Thanks for your replies but Tarkus has hit on the one I want, thanks
> >> Tarkus. my original question was not too clear I fear. I know you
> >> can open with programs like WMPlayer but the PicaView operation is
> >> instantaneous play. Very handy for quick play. I will check it out.
> >> Cheers,
> >> Phil
> >>
> >> "Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

No, thank you, Phil.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes