DivX sound delay

I can watch WMV, MPEG, and MOV movies on my XP machine (1.3 GHz, 512MB)
machine (using WMP10, QuickTime, and Real players) but when I watch AVI
files (using either WMP10 or DivX5.2.1 players) I get an annoying sound
delay of several seconds.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of DivX, to no avail.
Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

I am also having the same problem... The sound gets ahead of the video. Is
there anything that I can do to sync the two... New codec? Despratly seeking
help...

"juliadream" wrote:

> I can watch WMV, MPEG, and MOV movies on my XP machine (1.3 GHz, 512MB)
> machine (using WMP10, QuickTime, and Real players) but when I watch AVI
> files (using either WMP10 or DivX5.2.1 players) I get an annoying sound
> delay of several seconds.
>
> I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of DivX, to no avail.
> Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

I have a few dvd rips like that. Found only player that reliably worked well
and didn't loss sync was "The Playa" from the DivX4 package.

Think problem was related to using an older DVDX version to rip and
re-encode. Problem went away with latest version.