PC wont read Canon DV camera

I have a Canon MV730i video camera, and i have installed the Video Presenter
Program and tried to get footage off the camera onto my pc, but it just wont
seem to work.. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!!!
Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about wont read canon camera

    Renzington Wrote:
    > I have a Canon MV730i video camera, and i have installed the Video
    > Presenter Program and tried to get footage off the camera onto my pc,
    > but it just wont seem to work.. If anyone has any suggestions that
    > would be great!!!
    > Thanks
    Renzington,
    You almost tripped me up on this one! Seems your camera is Europian by
    design? :D
    'Canon' (http://tinyurl.com/dhge4)
    You say you've loaded the Video Presenter software? The only one I
    found for the camera was Canon’s DV Messenger software. The system
    requirement for the software is this;
    To use DV Messenger, you must have the Windows XP operating system
    installed along with Windows Messenger (Version 4.5 or higher).
    Also note the following requirements:
    NET PASSPORT registration (you may use a current account or create a
    new one)
    A broadband Internet connection (such as Cable, DSL, ISDN, or similar)
    is highly recommended
    A global Internet Protocol address
    No personal firewall system (If you have one installed, it must be
    temporarily disabled while using DV Messenger).
    Hardware/Software Configuration
    OS: Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional
    CPU: pentium 500MHz or more (pentium 800MHz or more is recommended).
    RAM: 128MB or more (256MB or more is recommended).
    Free hard disk space: 100MB or more
    Display: 800 x 600 pixels/High color (16bit) or better
    Interface: IEEE 1394 (OHCI compliant)
    Necessary software, Windows Messenger 4.5 or later
    Others: Sound function, Internet connection
    Note,
    If you use a router to connect to the Internet, please note that your
    router must be UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) compatible.
    The videoconference function of Microsoft Windows Messenger must be
    available.

    So if this _isn't_ what you have loaded, then it must be a different
    version of the software. No bother though because you have two strikes
    against you anyway! SP2 & firewire drivers don't work, and the firewall
    issue.
    I don't work for Canon or Microsoft, so I can't give you an answer on
    how to fix it.
    I'll give the obvious solutions you'll hear; check your cables, try the
    camera on another computer to see if it is recognised, boot-up with
    camera set to transfer mode, drink beer until the problem goes away.
    Sorry for being sarcastic, but something that used to be somewhat easy,
    is now impossable.
    Maybe I missed something, but I doubt it.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    How are you connecting the cam and pc, usb or firewire?
    Which O/S do you have?
    If XP, then use firewire and Movie maker.
    Does xp ping and give you the new hardware connected bubble when you
    connect?
    Hve you checked device manager to ensure the hardware is all ok?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Renzington" <Renzington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Canon MV730i video camera, and i have installed the Video
    Presenter
    > Program and tried to get footage off the camera onto my pc, but it just
    wont
    > seem to work.. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!!!
    > Thanks

    I had the same problem. but i reformat my computer to a barebone XP pre
    without SP2 and an older directX too. it worked.

    good luck

    "Renzington" wrote:

    > I have a Canon MV730i video camera, and i have installed the Video Presenter
    > Program and tried to get footage off the camera onto my pc, but it just wont
    > seem to work.. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!!!
    > Thanks

Video Cameras Canon Windows XP