connecting tv to laptop-no video!

connecting my laptop to the tv via s-video cable, I can't see any video or
photo content! when I play any sort of media file or even look at a JPEG,
all I see is a black square on the television screen where the image is on
my laptop screen. is it because my TV can't handle the resolution? the
windows screens and all non-video and photo related images come across fine
on the tv. I'm attempting to watch an .avi movie on my TV using windows
media player.

Running WIN XP.
1 answer Last reply
More about connecting laptop video

    Look in your Display Adapter properties
    for the Primary and Secondary display choices.

    Set the TV for Primary.

    It's an overlay thing...it used to happen with a IBM
    laptop using the ATI chipset.

    "jose canyusi" <joe@joe.com> wrote in message
    > connecting my laptop to the tv via s-video cable, I can't see any video or
    > photo content! when I play any sort of media file or even look at a JPEG,
    > all I see is a black square on the television screen where the image is on
    > my laptop screen. is it because my TV can't handle the resolution? the
    > windows screens and all non-video and photo related images come across
    > fine
    > on the tv. I'm attempting to watch an .avi movie on my TV using windows
    > media player.
    >
    > Running WIN XP.

Tuner Cards TV Laptops Video Graphics