  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b D Laptop
May 26, 2004 3:21:20 AM

connecting my laptop to the tv via s-video cable, I can't see any video or
photo content! when I play any sort of media file or even look at a JPEG,
all I see is a black square on the television screen where the image is on
my laptop screen. is it because my TV can't handle the resolution? the
windows screens and all non-video and photo related images come across fine
on the tv. I'm attempting to watch an .avi movie on my TV using windows
media player.

Running WIN XP.

More about : connecting laptop video

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 26, 2004 3:21:21 AM

Look in your Display Adapter properties
for the Primary and Secondary display choices.

Set the TV for Primary.

It's an overlay thing...it used to happen with a IBM
laptop using the ATI chipset.

news:p 2Usc.25408$sr3.712980@news20.bellglobal.com...