I have a miniDV camcorder (panasonic pv-dv400), it connects well when i use
a 6-to-4 cable (in my desktop). When i try to use it in my sony VAIO i have
to use a 4-to-4 cable, but it doesn't work (as if it were disconnected). is
there an specific kind of 4-to-4 cable i should use? or maybe i'm condemned
to use it only in my desktop... Can i use an adapter or something like that?

The device works properly (it recognizes the connection when i connect my
vaio with my desktop using a 4-to-6)
It doesnt sound when i connect it
WinXP
Brand new VAIO

Thanks
Gonz-Perú

Ensure it's on A/C power and NOT being powered by its own battery when you
connect it to the notebook AND that the notebook is also being powered by
A/C and not its own battery.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"gonz via WindowsKB.com" <forum@nospam.WindowsKB.com> wrote in message

> I have a miniDV camcorder (panasonic pv-dv400), it connects well when i
> use
> a 6-to-4 cable (in my desktop). When i try to use it in my sony VAIO i
> have
> to use a 4-to-4 cable, but it doesn't work (as if it were disconnected).
> is
> there an specific kind of 4-to-4 cable i should use? or maybe i'm
> condemned
> to use it only in my desktop... Can i use an adapter or something like
> that?
>
> The device works properly (it recognizes the connection when i connect my
> vaio with my desktop using a 4-to-6)
> It doesnt sound when i connect it
> WinXP
> Brand new VAIO
>
> Thanks
> Gonz-Perú

I had trouble connecting my cam to my laptop and found it was a poor cable.
I bought a good one and have had no trouble since.
--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media