Import video created with Win Media Encoder degrades

Hi All,
Hope you can help with this question. I created a short movie capturing
screens with media encoder, inserted markers into the video with the Window
Media File Editor so that when I import the video into the Movie Maker it is
broken into logical clips I can work with. When viewing the original wmv
file it looks good, however when imported into Movie Maker the clips look
blury and then when drag/drop the clips to the time line the screens become
unreadable.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Recommend a format for screen
capture that would work with Movie Maker for editing. I have read the help,
tried many different combinations but the degradation of the video continues
when imported into Movie Maker. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

WMV files are very compressed. Each encoding reduces the quality once more.

--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Jim Edison" <Jim Edison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> Hope you can help with this question. I created a short movie capturing
> screens with media encoder, inserted markers into the video with the
> Window
> Media File Editor so that when I import the video into the Movie Maker it
> is
> broken into logical clips I can work with. When viewing the original wmv
> file it looks good, however when imported into Movie Maker the clips look
> blury and then when drag/drop the clips to the time line the screens
> become
> unreadable.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Recommend a format for screen
> capture that would work with Movie Maker for editing. I have read the
> help,
> tried many different combinations but the degradation of the video
> continues
> when imported into Movie Maker. Any advice is appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Jim

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Jim Edison wrote:
> ... however when imported into Movie Maker the clips look
> blury and then when drag/drop the clips to the time line the screens become
> unreadable.

Movie Maker preview is deliberately a low res draft:
http://blogs.msdn.com/deanro/archive/2004/10/05/238493.aspx

You can ignore it and continue ediiting. When the final movie is saved
(File->Save Movie As) you should get good quality output.

--
Rehan
MS MVP (Digital Media)