  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
December 3, 2004 8:19:49 AM

I purchased a Canon Powershot A80 a while back and have had a good
experience with it. I've downloaded pictures to my computer running Windows
ME with Canon's ZoomBrowser EX software and everything was fine.

Then I purchased a new Dell running Windows XP, and now I got problems. The
pics downloaded with ZoomBrowser EX now look waaaay off. I uninstalled it
and installed it again--same thing.

Is there another program that would perform better?

More about : canon zoombrowser

Anonymous
December 3, 2004 5:59:38 PM

"Mike" <iamglad@nospam.worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>I purchased a Canon Powershot A80 a while back and have had a good
>experience with it. I've downloaded pictures to my computer running
>Windows ME with Canon's ZoomBrowser EX software and everything was fine.
>
> Then I purchased a new Dell running Windows XP, and now I got problems.
> The pics downloaded with ZoomBrowser EX now look waaaay off. I
> uninstalled it and installed it again--same thing.
>
> Is there another program that would perform better?

What is the color space on your new computer?

In Windows XP. Right Click on a clear area of the desktop, properties. Or
Start>Control Panel, Display.

In the Display properties window, Settings tab, click Advanced Button, Color
Management Tab. If there is not a profile in the white window click the Add
button and select sRGB Color Space Profile. There are other profiles
available, sRGB is the most common.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"Mike" <iamglad@nospam.worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> ...Canon's ZoomBrowser EX software and everything was fine.

What version of ZB? There's a free upgrade to ZB 5.0 here.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Downloa...

---
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!
!