better than Canon's ZoomBrowser EX??

I purchased a Canon Powershot A80 a while back and have had a good
experience with it. I've downloaded pictures to my computer running Windows
ME with Canon's ZoomBrowser EX software and everything was fine.

Then I purchased a new Dell running Windows XP, and now I got problems. The
pics downloaded with ZoomBrowser EX now look waaaay off. I uninstalled it
and installed it again--same thing.

Is there another program that would perform better?
2 answers Last reply
More about better canon zoombrowser

    "Mike" <iamglad@nospam.worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    >I purchased a Canon Powershot A80 a while back and have had a good
    >experience with it. I've downloaded pictures to my computer running
    >Windows ME with Canon's ZoomBrowser EX software and everything was fine.
    >
    > Then I purchased a new Dell running Windows XP, and now I got problems.
    > The pics downloaded with ZoomBrowser EX now look waaaay off. I
    > uninstalled it and installed it again--same thing.
    >
    > Is there another program that would perform better?

    What is the color space on your new computer?

    In Windows XP. Right Click on a clear area of the desktop, properties. Or
    Start>Control Panel, Display.

    In the Display properties window, Settings tab, click Advanced Button, Color
    Management Tab. If there is not a profile in the white window click the Add
    button and select sRGB Color Space Profile. There are other profiles
    available, sRGB is the most common.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    "Mike" <iamglad@nospam.worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    > ...Canon's ZoomBrowser EX software and everything was fine.

    What version of ZB? There's a free upgrade to ZB 5.0 here.

    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=322&modelid=9824#New%20Window

    ---
    Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Cameras Canon Windows XP Peripherals