Large DV file captured

I just started using MM2.1 yesterday and I captured a 1hr long video from my
dvcam. The file size is about 12G (saved under DV-AVI). I am planning to use
Nero and I am wondering if it will burn to dvd. Can Nero compress the file??
Pls help.
2 answers Last reply
More about large file captured

    No it won't fit on a disk. If you intend to play on your home player you
    will have to convert the .avi to DVD compatible mpg and then use some dvd
    arthoring software on the .mpg and then finally burn to DVD. Will take 4
    hours or so and that if you do no editing.

    "flipshydee" <flipshydee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I just started using MM2.1 yesterday and I captured a 1hr long video from
    my
    > dvcam. The file size is about 12G (saved under DV-AVI). I am planning to
    use
    > Nero and I am wondering if it will burn to dvd. Can Nero compress the
    file??
    > Pls help.

    Nero will convert it to the DVD format. And yes, once it's re-encoded, an
    hour will happily fit on a DVD.
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "flipshydee" <flipshydee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just started using MM2.1 yesterday and I captured a 1hr long video from
    >my
    > dvcam. The file size is about 12G (saved under DV-AVI). I am planning to
    > use
    > Nero and I am wondering if it will burn to dvd. Can Nero compress the
    > file??
    > Pls help.

Video Nero Windows XP