Large DV file captured

I just started using MM2.1 yesterday and I captured a 1hr long video from my
dvcam. The file size is about 12G (saved under DV-AVI). I am planning to use
Nero and I am wondering if it will burn to dvd. Can Nero compress the file??
Pls help.

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

No it won't fit on a disk. If you intend to play on your home player you
will have to convert the .avi to DVD compatible mpg and then use some dvd
arthoring software on the .mpg and then finally burn to DVD. Will take 4
hours or so and that if you do no editing.

"flipshydee" <flipshydee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just started using MM2.1 yesterday and I captured a 1hr long video from
my
> dvcam. The file size is about 12G (saved under DV-AVI). I am planning to
use
> Nero and I am wondering if it will burn to dvd. Can Nero compress the
file??
> Pls help.

Nero will convert it to the DVD format. And yes, once it's re-encoded, an
hour will happily fit on a DVD.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)