Set WinDVD as auto-play default (not on DVD drive)

I use a program to open .mpg files that are stored on a partioned drive of a
server. The program I use does not have an option to select a default
viewer. I tried setting the "auto-play" feature on the drive, but that
option is only available for a CD/DVD drive. Does anyone know how I can make
WinDVD the default for these files?

Any help will be appreciated...
Thanks!

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:00:06 -0700, jlt
<jlt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I use a program to open .mpg files that are stored on a partioned drive of a
>server. The program I use does not have an option to select a default
>viewer. I tried setting the "auto-play" feature on the drive, but that
>option is only available for a CD/DVD drive. Does anyone know how I can make
>WinDVD the default for these files?
>
>Any help will be appreciated...
>Thanks!

try control panel/folder options/file types

scroll down to MPG, hilight it, and try the CHANGE button.

Dave

That worked!! Thanks so much Dave!!

"da_test" wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:00:06 -0700, jlt
> <jlt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I use a program to open .mpg files that are stored on a partioned drive of a
> >server. The program I use does not have an option to select a default
> >viewer. I tried setting the "auto-play" feature on the drive, but that
> >option is only available for a CD/DVD drive. Does anyone know how I can make
> >WinDVD the default for these files?
> >
> >Any help will be appreciated...
> >Thanks!
>
> try control panel/folder options/file types
>
> scroll down to MPG, hilight it, and try the CHANGE button.
>
> Dave

TRENDING THREADS