How do I copy home video DVD to computer?

My wife went on a mission trip to Kenya last month. She used a Mini DV
camcorder to get some footage of her work. When she returned home, she
took the tapes to a local film and video studio where they were recorded
onto DVD format. How can I copy all or part of those DVDs onto my hard
drive?

I have already tried Nero, Ulead DVD Movie Factory, DVD XCopy, Pinnacle
Studio 9, and TMPGEnc, but none work. They're simple video TS files and
they will play with my BS Player, but I am having trouble finding an
application that will copy them to my computer. Any suggestions? Thanks
in advance for any helpful info.

Best regards and blessings,
Stoney

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:34:46 -0700, Stoney <stonemarie@adelphia.net>
wrote:

>My wife went on a mission trip to Kenya last month. She used a Mini DV
>camcorder to get some footage of her work. When she returned home, she
>took the tapes to a local film and video studio where they were recorded
>onto DVD format. How can I copy all or part of those DVDs onto my hard
>drive?
>
>I have already tried Nero, Ulead DVD Movie Factory, DVD XCopy, Pinnacle
>Studio 9, and TMPGEnc, but none work. They're simple video TS files and
>they will play with my BS Player, but I am having trouble finding an
>application that will copy them to my computer. Any suggestions? Thanks
>in advance for any helpful info.
>
>Best regards and blessings,
>Stoney
Presumably the files are unencrypted - just copy the VOB files to the
computer. They can be reviewed by drag and dropping them onto the old
media player (mplayer2.exe from the RUN box)

Dave

What is your aim? Are you wanting to edit these files when you get them on
the pc? If so you'd be better off using the minidv tapes and borrowing a
camcorder to get tehm on to the pc as dvd files are much more highly
compressed and harder to edit due to the file structure.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media