CS:Source on Peter's Playground

Hi

I have a server up and running here
80.198.168.162:46247
Just testing and fooling around atm

The server is protected by the usual pwd

You can catch me on IRC (irc.gamesurge.net - #AGHL)
Or through MS messenger (polonline at hotmail dot com)

I need to do some tweaking and we need to agree on a date - timezone is
CEST (Central European Summer Time)
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=69

This weekend?

- Peter
19 answers Last reply
More about source peter playground

    This weekend sounds good, sat or sun? My vote goes for sunday :)

    Strider wrote:

    > Ok but I recon it might not be big enough. What the hell, we can give it
    > a go anyway. I say Sunday too as I'm working late Saturday.
    >
    > What time, 9 or 10pm?

    9 CEST

    I have tried to optimize where ever I could
    Let's try with 12 players

    - Peter

    Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

    --
    "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

    www.stri.tk - site and blog

    Peter [AGHL] wrote:

    > I have a server up and running

    Mapcycle??

    I have a bunch of official maps here:

    cs_assault
    cs_compound
    cs_havana
    cs_italy
    cs_office
    de_aztec
    de_cbble
    de_chateau
    de_dust
    de_dust2
    de_inferno
    de_piranesi
    de_port
    de_prodigy
    de_tides
    de_train

    Came with srcds server install for CS:S

    Compound is one of my faves, assault because it's new and the few times
    i've played seems like a great map.

    I'm cool for any of the others.

    Strider wrote:

    > 8PM GMT it is then.

    Actually it is 8PM BST (British Summer Time)

    But let's not start a fight on such a small thing :)

    rgds/Peter

    Strider wrote:
    > Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...
    >
    > > Actually it is 8PM BST (British Summer Time)
    > >
    > > But let's not start a fight on such a small thing :)
    >
    > Troll!

    Auchh

    Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

    > 9 CEST
    >
    > I have tried to optimize where ever I could
    > Let's try with 12 players

    8PM GMT it is then.

    --
    "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

    www.stri.tk - site and blog

    Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

    > Actually it is 8PM BST (British Summer Time)
    >
    > But let's not start a fight on such a small thing :)

    Troll!

    --
    "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

    www.stri.tk - site and blog

    I suggest this list as some of the people playing (like me) wont
    remember the old maps. There is no reason that we can't add the maps
    later assuming the bash is a good un'

    cs_assault
    cs_compound
    cs_italy
    de_aztec
    de_dust
    de_dust2
    de_inferno
    de_prodigy
    de_train

    Are my suggestions. Short and sweet, just like me

    I would like to see office included. Other than that seems fine :)

    Scott Robson proclaimed...

    > cs_assault
    > cs_compound
    > cs_italy
    > de_aztec
    > de_dust
    > de_dust2
    > de_inferno
    > de_prodigy
    > de_office

    Everyone cool with that?

    --
    "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

    www.stri.tk - site and blog

    Yes.

    So its Sunday 10th @ 8pm BST?

    Jimbob wrote:

    > So its Sunday 10th @ 8pm BST?

    Yep

    Only thing reamining:
    Jethro has a dedicated server running CS:S on his friends 10M\1M
    connection
    It's updated and password protected.

    Phat's Phamily Phriendly CS:S Server
    24.226.66.169:27015

    Looks like it has slightly better upload speed than my 512k :-)

    I'll start a new thread

    - Peter

    Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

    > Yep
    >
    > Only thing reamining:
    > Jethro has a dedicated server running CS:S on his friends 10M\1M
    > connection
    > It's updated and password protected.
    >
    > Phat's Phamily Phriendly CS:S Server
    > 24.226.66.169:27015
    >
    > Looks like it has slightly better upload speed than my 512k :-)
    >
    > I'll start a new thread

    Yeah but jethro's server is in the middle of nowhere so the only person
    who can get a decent ping to it is him!

    I can't ping his server at the minute, it must be down. Of the two
    servers I'd rather use yours Peter.

    --

    Strider wrote:
    > Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...
    >

    >>Yep
    >>
    >>Only thing reamining:
    >>Jethro has a dedicated server running CS:S on his friends 10M\1M
    >>connection
    >>It's updated and password protected.
    >>
    >>Phat's Phamily Phriendly CS:S Server
    >>24.226.66.169:27015
    >>
    >>Looks like it has slightly better upload speed than my 512k :-)
    >>
    >>I'll start a new thread
    >

    > Yeah but jethro's server is in the middle of nowhere so the only person
    > who can get a decent ping to it is him!
    >
    > I can't ping his server at the minute, it must be down. Of the two
    > servers I'd rather use yours Peter.

    Strider ya big pussy. I recall a time when I was on dialup, logging into
    the AGHL servers with 400 ping. It can still be fun.
    Are you there to have fun or win?
    When Bench tested it he had around 100-150 ping on a DM server. That's
    still very doable. You'd have to watch for my friend and his 3 boys who
    connect at about 1ms through their LAN. :-)

    Possible server issues. We are going to look into it. Of course, the
    server was available on his LAN with his kids so he wasn't sure how it
    was externally, though it always was working.

    --
    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

    Jethro wrote:
    > Strider wrote:
    >
    >> Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...
    >>

    >>> Yep
    >>>
    >>> Only thing reamining:
    >>> Jethro has a dedicated server running CS:S on his friends 10M\1M
    >>> connection
    >>> It's updated and password protected.
    >>>
    >>> Phat's Phamily Phriendly CS:S Server
    >>> 24.226.66.169:27015
    >>>
    >>> Looks like it has slightly better upload speed than my 512k :-)
    >>>
    >>> I'll start a new thread
    >>

    >> Yeah but jethro's server is in the middle of nowhere so the only
    >> person who can get a decent ping to it is him!
    >>
    >> I can't ping his server at the minute, it must be down. Of the two
    >> servers I'd rather use yours Peter.
    >>

    > Strider ya big pussy. I recall a time when I was on dialup, logging into
    > the AGHL servers with 400 ping. It can still be fun.
    > Are you there to have fun or win?
    > When Bench tested it he had around 100-150 ping on a DM server. That's
    > still very doable. You'd have to watch for my friend and his 3 boys who
    > connect at about 1ms through their LAN. :-)
    >
    > Possible server issues. We are going to look into it. Of course, the
    > server was available on his LAN with his kids so he wasn't sure how it
    > was externally, though it always was working.

    Server update: Major issues. Server won't stay logged into the Steam
    system before diconnecting with errors.
    That and one of the kids was creating his own server on his PC with same
    network port knocking out the main dedicated server.

    We are checking the Steam fourms for answers as we can create a
    dedicated server on my friends PC but not on the dedicated server box. :-\
    --

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:57:51 -0400, Jethro <me@work.now> wrote:

    >Server update: Major issues. Server won't stay logged into the Steam
    >system before diconnecting with errors.

    run the hlds updater.

    >That and one of the kids was creating his own server on his PC with same
    >network port knocking out the main dedicated server.

    a second server will require a different port to be used, or that
    happens.

    >We are checking the Steam fourms for answers as we can create a
    >dedicated server on my friends PC but not on the dedicated server box. :-\

    make sure, once updated/validated, that the dedicated server has
    permission to act as a server in the firewall. if you're using a
    router, make sure you open/redirect the appropriate ports.
    there's a list on the steam website.

    dr ratt

    the man who crosses me and leaves me alive.
    he understands nothing about tuco.
    nothing.

    doctor.ratt wrote:
    > On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:57:51 -0400, Jethro <me@work.now> wrote:
    >

    >>Server update: Major issues. Server won't stay logged into the Steam
    >>system before diconnecting with errors.
    >

    > run the hlds updater.

    Check. Automated to run daily.

    >>That and one of the kids was creating his own server on his PC with same
    >>network port knocking out the main dedicated server.
    >>

    > a second server will require a different port to be used, or that
    > happens.

    Yes WE know. He just wouldn't listen to his old man and NOT make other
    servers.
    Tsk.. kids.

    >>We are checking the Steam fourms for answers as we can create a
    >>dedicated server on my friends PC but not on the dedicated server box. :-\
    >

    > make sure, once updated/validated, that the dedicated server has
    > permission to act as a server in the firewall. if you're using a
    > router, make sure you open/redirect the appropriate ports.
    > there's a list on the steam website.

    Server has been running for almost at least 6 months and didn't have
    these issues until all of a sudden.

    > dr ratt

    > the man who crosses me and leaves me alive.
    > he understands nothing about tuco.
    > nothing.

    We think we may have it now. Steam had another small update and it seems
    to be stay up fairly good.
    --
    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

Games Servers Video Games