Problem Kodak Easyshare Soft + Norton Ghost 9.0

Hello NG,.
I've been using a Kodak CX7530 together with the Easyshare Software to
download pictures to my pc. Today I installed Norton Ghost 9.0 and lost
usb - connection pc to camera. After removing Ghost 9.0 connection was OK
again.
Is this a common problem?
Thanks
Wolfgang

"Wolfgang Straile" <W.Straile@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hello NG,.
> I've been using a Kodak CX7530 together with the Easyshare Software to
> download pictures to my pc. Today I installed Norton Ghost 9.0 and lost
> usb - connection pc to camera. After removing Ghost 9.0 connection was OK
> again.
> Is this a common problem?
> Thanks
> Wolfgang

Not a common problem with software interaction, but it does happen.

Some well known software interacts badly with other well known software.
Some Corel software is known to cause problems with certain other software
on the computer.

Virus scanner software can prevent installing new software on your computer,
if you do not turn it off when installing new software.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

I had the USB blocked by installing Real Player. Uninstalled it and it
worked again.

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message

> "Wolfgang Straile" <W.Straile@t-online.de> wrote in message
>> Hello NG,.
>> I've been using a Kodak CX7530 together with the Easyshare Software to
>> download pictures to my pc. Today I installed Norton Ghost 9.0 and lost
>> usb - connection pc to camera. After removing Ghost 9.0 connection was OK
>> again.
>> Is this a common problem?
>> Thanks
>> Wolfgang
>>
> Not a common problem with software interaction, but it does happen.
>
> Some well known software interacts badly with other well known software.
> Some Corel software is known to cause problems with certain other software
> on the computer.
>
> Virus scanner software can prevent installing new software on your
> computer, if you do not turn it off when installing new software.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Thank you very much for the answers.
I visited the sevice sites of Symantec and Kodak and posted my questions.
Maybe they have a solution.
Thanks
Wolfgang

Greetings Wolfgang,

I have shared your experience with our engineers and should get a reply
shortly. I have not seens this issue in the past. But we are reviewing. I
will post here upon more information. Sorry I did not see your posting till
my return from vacation.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Comapny

> Thank you very much for the answers.
> I visited the sevice sites of Symantec and Kodak and posted my questions.
> Maybe they have a solution.
> Thanks
> Wolfgang

Hello Ron,

thanks for your reply.
I was a little bit surprised because I also asked KODAK, but until now they
didn't answer.
Symantic asked me for a list of drivers of the Easyshare software, but
perhaps you will solve the problem.
I'm not shure if it's an Easyshare problem because I have also a problem to
connect my WLAN with GHOST 9.0 installed on my PC.
With the WEP incryption on I get no acknowledgement.
Without GHOST 9.0 its all OK.
So thank you very much for your reply and congratulations for the very nice
CX 7530 KODAK camera.
Its a lot of fun for the family.
Even the VIDEO MPEG 4 function is great. I use it with a 1 GB sd-card.

Wolfgang Straile

"Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Greetings Wolfgang,
>
> I have shared your experience with our engineers and should get a reply
> shortly. I have not seens this issue in the past. But we are reviewing.
> will post here upon more information. Sorry I did not see your posting
> till
> my return from vacation.
>
> Talk to you soon,
>
> Ron Baird
> Eastman Kodak Comapny
>

> "Wolfgang Straile" <W.Straile@t-online.de> wrote in message
>> Thank you very much for the answers.
>> I visited the sevice sites of Symantec and Kodak and posted my questions.
>> Maybe they have a solution.
>> Thanks
>> Wolfgang

TRENDING THREADS