Wireless and 1394 errors on startup

I am new to WiFi but have managed to establish a network at home between my
desktop and laptop. Using a 1394 connection from desktop to Linksys Access
Point (Wireless G) and a Linksys USB WiFi adapter. The desktop is XP
Professional SP1 and the Laptop is a Toshiba with Wifi built in via Centrino.
On bootup on the desktop I get an ndis.exe error saying that temp files in
c:\documents and Settings\bob\local settings\temp are not valid windows
images. The files in question are xta5.tmp, exa3b.tmp, dxa3c.tmp and
gxa3e.tmp. I think ndis is linked with the 1394 interface but have not a
clue about the files, how to validate them or relocate them so these errors
are cleared. Can anybody help me?

Many thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless 1394 errors startup

    Ok, Think I found the answer in microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain -
    Thank you Carey Frisch [MVP]. Seems this is linked to spyware and a problem
    to resolve. But at least I know where to go now.

    "Bob Cudmore" wrote:

    > I am new to WiFi but have managed to establish a network at home between my
    > desktop and laptop. Using a 1394 connection from desktop to Linksys Access
    > Point (Wireless G) and a Linksys USB WiFi adapter. The desktop is XP
    > Professional SP1 and the Laptop is a Toshiba with Wifi built in via Centrino.
    > On bootup on the desktop I get an ndis.exe error saying that temp files in
    > c:\documents and Settings\bob\local settings\temp are not valid windows
    > images. The files in question are xta5.tmp, exa3b.tmp, dxa3c.tmp and
    > gxa3e.tmp. I think ndis is linked with the 1394 interface but have not a
    > clue about the files, how to validate them or relocate them so these errors
    > are cleared. Can anybody help me?
    >
    > Many thanks

Wireless Desktops WiFi and Home Networking Wireless Networking