Premiere problem

I have a number of avi-files.
I can play them all in windows mediaplayer whithout any problem.

When I import those files in premiere (6.0) and put them in sourse
(timeline monitor) I can her sound but no picture. When I click on
project window again I can see a stillpicture in sourse.

I think its a codec problem, but how to solve it?
(captured from VHS thru pinnacle DV500 and with dvtools)

/Emmi

"Emmi" <emmi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a number of avi-files.
> I can play them all in windows mediaplayer whithout any problem.
>
> When I import those files in premiere (6.0) and put them in sourse
> (timeline monitor) I can her sound but no picture. When I click on
> project window again I can see a stillpicture in sourse.
>
> I think its a codec problem, but how to solve it?
> (captured from VHS thru pinnacle DV500 and with dvtools)
>
> /Emmi

Do you capture the footage in Premiere? If you're using another program to
caputer the footage, make sure that program is storing the .avi files in
DV-2 fomat.