convert avi to what?

Hello,
I have some movies in avi format on my computer. I would like to
burn them onto a dvd+R recordable disc. Do I have to convert them into a
certain format in order to be able to burn it onto a cd? And is there any
good program that will help me to do this and that will burn the file for me?
thanks
emma

Try opening WMP,select,new or free player available,at WM page,locate,show
all updates,locate downloads,scroll to WM encoder,download,get the codecs,
and the utilitys.

"Emma Moore" wrote:

> Hello,
> I have some movies in avi format on my computer. I would like to
> burn them onto a dvd+R recordable disc. Do I have to convert them into a
> certain format in order to be able to burn it onto a cd? And is there any
> good program that will help me to do this and that will burn the file for me?
> thanks
> emma

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

You need a program which can make "DVD Video". There are many tools:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Avi2Dvd

--
Rehan
MS MVP -- Digital Media

"Emma Moore" <Emma Moore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have some movies in avi format on my computer. I would like to
> burn them onto a dvd+R recordable disc. Do I have to convert them into a
> certain format in order to be able to burn it onto a cd? And is there any
> good program that will help me to do this and that will burn the file for
> me?
> thanks
> emma

Shello,
i downloaded the program n followed the instructions. in the log
window, when doing the video encoding this message appeared: AVISynth Error!
AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc DIVX. I pressed ok and
then it came up after a short while. all jobs done.
wat did this message mean and has the covertion from avi to dvd, been done
properly?
thanks
emma

"Rehan" wrote:

> You need a program which can make "DVD Video". There are many tools:
> http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Avi2Dvd
>

> --
> Rehan
> MS MVP -- Digital Media
> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
>

> "Emma Moore" <Emma Moore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I have some movies in avi format on my computer. I would like to
> > burn them onto a dvd+R recordable disc. Do I have to convert them into a
> > certain format in order to be able to burn it onto a cd? And is there any
> > good program that will help me to do this and that will burn the file for
> > me?
> > thanks
> > emma

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

> wat did this message mean and has the covertion from avi to dvd, been done

well seems something is amiss. You need to install either of the following
and try again. Dont need to install both:

ffdshow: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/
or DIVX itself: http://www.divx.com/divx/download/index.php

--

> Shello,
> i downloaded the program n followed the instructions. in the log
> window, when doing the video encoding this message appeared: AVISynth
> Error!
> AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc DIVX. I pressed ok
> and
> then it came up after a short while. all jobs done.
> wat did this message mean and has the covertion from avi to dvd, been done
> properly?
> thanks
> emma
>

> "Rehan" wrote:
>
>> You need a program which can make "DVD Video". There are many tools:
>> http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Avi2Dvd
>>

>> --
>> Rehan
>> MS MVP -- Digital Media
>> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
>>

>> "Emma Moore" <Emma Moore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> > I have some movies in avi format on my computer. I would like
>> > burn them onto a dvd+R recordable disc. Do I have to convert them into
>> > certain format in order to be able to burn it onto a cd? And is there
>> > any
>> > good program that will help me to do this and that will burn the file
>> > for
>> > me?
>> > thanks
>> > emma

hello,

i installed the 1st program - the ffdshow. however this message again
came up: AVISynth Error!
AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc Div3
last time it was DIVX, its now changed to Div3

"Rehan" wrote:

> > wat did this message mean and has the covertion from avi to dvd, been done
>
> well seems something is amiss. You need to install either of the following
> and try again. Dont need to install both:
>
> ffdshow: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/
> or DIVX itself: http://www.divx.com/divx/download/index.php
>
> --
> Rehan
> MS MVP -- Digital Media
> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
>

> "Emma Moore" <EmmaMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Shello,
> > i downloaded the program n followed the instructions. in the log
> > window, when doing the video encoding this message appeared: AVISynth
> > Error!
> > AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc DIVX. I pressed ok
> > and
> > then it came up after a short while. all jobs done.
> > wat did this message mean and has the covertion from avi to dvd, been done
> > properly?
> > thanks
> > emma
> >

> > "Rehan" wrote:
> >
> >> You need a program which can make "DVD Video". There are many tools:
> >> http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Avi2Dvd
> >>

> >> --
> >> Rehan
> >> MS MVP -- Digital Media
> >> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
> >>

> >> "Emma Moore" <Emma Moore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Mon, 2 May 2005 05:29:01 -0700, "Emma Moore"
<EmmaMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hello,
>
> i installed the 1st program - the ffdshow. however this message again
>came up: AVISynth Error!
>AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc Div3
>last time it was DIVX, its now changed to Div3

uninstall ffdshow and install divx itself as was mentioned
previously!

Dave

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

It seesm the matter of configuring the ffdshow to enable it for DIV3.
See if this helps: http://www.geocities.com/zenwebpage/