unable to capture in avi format

Hi,
I'm using the simplest available combination of camcorder usb cable and wmm.
When I go "capture video from device" it won't give me an option to capture
it in avi format.
What do I do? Can anybody help?

What type of cam is it? If it's digital use firewire and not usb. If it's
analogue you need an analogue to digital convertor.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media