Nero question again

I now know how to use nero. But... When it comes to burning onto a disk, it
gives me two options: 'LITE ON DVDRW' or 'Image recorder. If i choose the
first one it tells me that my compilation (film) can not be written on this
type of disk. But if i choose the 2nd option then it won't play on my dvd
player.
Any help would be greatle appreciated :O)

Would you like to run through the steps you took to get to the problem area.
Including the file type of the downloaded file and what you have done with
it to get it into Nero.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I now know how to use nero. But... When it comes to burning onto a disk, it
> gives me two options: 'LITE ON DVDRW' or 'Image recorder. If i choose the
> first one it tells me that my compilation (film) can not be written on
> this
> type of disk. But if i choose the 2nd option then it won't play on my dvd
> player.
> Any help would be greatle appreciated :O)

Right you'll have to excuse me as i really know nothing about this. I
downloaded a film in avi format. Opened nerovision express 2? Chose 'create
dvd video' and imported the film i'd downloaded. I skipped the editing bits
and went straight to the burning process.. All of this was fine. It told me
to 'set paremeteres for burning' and gave me 2 options: 'LITE ON DVDRW SOHW
-16735' or 'image recorder'. First i tried 'image recorder' but it wouldn't
play on any of my dvd players. Then i tried the other one, and at first it
said it can not be burned onto the type of disk i had in my drive. When i
tried again it said that the disk i had in my drive wasn't a DVD or DVD+RW
Which it is! It's a Philips DVD+RW disk. I don't think anyone can help...
It's so frustrating!! :O/

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Would you like to run through the steps you took to get to the problem area.
> Including the file type of the downloaded file and what you have done with
> it to get it into Nero.
> Graham
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I now know how to use nero. But... When it comes to burning onto a disk, it
> > gives me two options: 'LITE ON DVDRW' or 'Image recorder. If i choose the
> > first one it tells me that my compilation (film) can not be written on
> > this
> > type of disk. But if i choose the 2nd option then it won't play on my dvd
> > player.
> > Any help would be greatle appreciated :O)

Rebecca, don't fret, we'll get there in the end :)
This film you downloaded, did it come from the internet? From a camcorder?
Do you know what sort of avi it is? AVI is just a wrapper and can contain
many types of files, take a chocolate bar, if you had a plain wrapper you'd
undo it and then you'd find out if you had a mars or a snickers, you know
it's going to be chocolate but not which sort.......
The disc you are using, is it brand new? Has it been used before?
Can you go to the about file for Nero and give us the actual version number,
mine is not quite up to date, but I'm at version 6 and long way from version
2...
Graham

--

> Right you'll have to excuse me as i really know nothing about this. I
> downloaded a film in avi format. Opened nerovision express 2? Chose
> 'create
> dvd video' and imported the film i'd downloaded. I skipped the editing
> bits
> and went straight to the burning process.. All of this was fine. It told
> me
> to 'set paremeteres for burning' and gave me 2 options: 'LITE ON DVDRW
> SOHW
> -16735' or 'image recorder'. First i tried 'image recorder' but it
> wouldn't
> play on any of my dvd players. Then i tried the other one, and at first it
> said it can not be burned onto the type of disk i had in my drive. When i
> tried again it said that the disk i had in my drive wasn't a DVD or DVD+RW
> Which it is! It's a Philips DVD+RW disk. I don't think anyone can help...
> It's so frustrating!! :O/
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> Would you like to run through the steps you took to get to the problem
>> area.
>> Including the file type of the downloaded file and what you have done
>> with
>> it to get it into Nero.
>> Graham
>>
>> --
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
>> www.dvds2treasure.com
>> www.simplydv.com
>>

>> "Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I now know how to use nero. But... When it comes to burning onto a disk,
>> >it
>> > gives me two options: 'LITE ON DVDRW' or 'Image recorder. If i choose
>> > the
>> > first one it tells me that my compilation (film) can not be written on
>> > this
>> > type of disk. But if i choose the 2nd option then it won't play on my
>> > dvd
>> > player.
>> > Any help would be greatle appreciated :O)

ImageDrive is a "virtual cd burner" that Nero installs. This drive is NOT a
real physical drive but instead mimics in software a drive. It's use is for
creating "cd images" (file on your hard disk) that can be loaded into the
virtual drive mimicking putting a real physical cd into a real physical
drive.

There's no way you could even have attempted to play such in a stand-alone
DVD player (or for that matter in your pc's real physical drive).

Hence, choose NeroVision to create your DVD. Add the movie to your
compilation, proceed to burning stage where you can select the real physical
DVD burner to use and then select burn. You should first see NeroVision
converting the movie to the format required for DVD's. If you get an error
about "invalid dvd" implies basic problem with drive/software and that cause
has to first be determined.

"Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I now know how to use nero. But... When it comes to burning onto a disk, it
> gives me two options: 'LITE ON DVDRW' or 'Image recorder. If i choose the
> first one it tells me that my compilation (film) can not be written on
> this
> type of disk. But if i choose the 2nd option then it won't play on my dvd
> player.
> Any help would be greatle appreciated :O)

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

"Graham Hughes" <graham.hughes@dvds2treasure.co.uk> wrote:
> mine is not quite up to date, but I'm at version 6 and long way from
> version 2...

Graham, while your other questins are right on the spot... but the above
statement suggests some confusion about versions... Rebecca told the version
number for "Nero Vision Express" not the "Nero Burning Rom". NVE is the dvd
authoring tool that comes with Nero 6 and is only recently progressed to
version 3 from 2. So hers is not that old... however a newer version is
available.

--
Rehan
MS MVP -- Digital Media