TMPGEnc and KVCD Templates - Problem - Please help

Hello,

I have a problem and I can't figure out what is going on or how to fix it. I
have a couple of video files in .avi and .mpg format that I am trying to
re-encode with TMPGEnc and the KVCD templates so that I can make Video CDs
out of them.

The original video file when played through Windows Media Player as well as
Nero ShowTime, etc. has audio and video and plays great. However, when I
re-encode the file using the above programs with the stream in TMPGEnc set
to System (Audio+Video) the audio is lost. I have tried going in to the
settings and changing it to Layer 1, Layer 2 and Linear PCM (which requires
the stream be one of the ES options). No matter what I do it still encodes
and the end file has no audio.

I have done a couple dozen files and every once in a while this happens. Any
ideas how to can get this fixed so I can get these files encoded?

Thanks,

Robert

--
- Grow Your Own Dope, Plant a Politician.

--
- Grow Your Own Dope, Plant a Politician.

When you use the KVCD templates set everything up as normal selecting your
video and audio streams - go right through to the end - unclick the "encode
immediately" box then press next. This will dump you back to the main
screen where you will see that it seems to be set up for video only. Set it
to system video and audio and press start.

"nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem and I can't figure out what is going on or how to fix it.
> have a couple of video files in .avi and .mpg format that I am trying to
> re-encode with TMPGEnc and the KVCD templates so that I can make Video CDs
> out of them.
>
> The original video file when played through Windows Media Player as well
as
> Nero ShowTime, etc. has audio and video and plays great. However, when I
> re-encode the file using the above programs with the stream in TMPGEnc set
> to System (Audio+Video) the audio is lost. I have tried going in to the
> settings and changing it to Layer 1, Layer 2 and Linear PCM (which
requires
> the stream be one of the ES options). No matter what I do it still encodes
> and the end file has no audio.
>
> I have done a couple dozen files and every once in a while this happens.
Any
> ideas how to can get this fixed so I can get these files encoded?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert
>
> --
> - Grow Your Own Dope, Plant a Politician.
>
> --
> - Grow Your Own Dope, Plant a Politician.

---

I don't use the wizard and can clearly see it is still set to System audio
and video while it is encoding.

Robert

On Sat, 29 May 2004 02:18:30 GMT, "nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>I have done a couple dozen files and every once in a while this happens. Any
>ideas how to can get this fixed so I can get these files encoded?

If your source files have AC3 audio TMPGEnc produces an empty audio
track. If that's your problem, convert the AC3 audio to WAV first.
http://www.videohelp.com/virtualdubaudio
http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_divx2svcd_tmpgenc_ac3.php

TRENDING THREADS