Burn DVD

May 2, 2005 1:09:05 PM

Hi!

I would like to burn a DVD from my DV camera. I have captured the film, but
when I try to make the film, my computer says that I don't have a "burn
unit". I do have one, both for CD and DVD! So what seams to be the problem? I
use the program Windows movie maker. Do I need another program or what?

Thanks for any answer!

/Anna

More about : burn dvd

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 3:40:01 PM

Are you sure you have a DVD burner and not a DVD ROM?
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"roditisa/sweden" <roditisa/sweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F5FB3BD8-7F76-4F4D-8A6F-89C7235B239C@microsoft.com...
> Hi!
>
> I would like to burn a DVD from my DV camera. I have captured the film,
> but
> when I try to make the film, my computer says that I don't have a "burn
> unit". I do have one, both for CD and DVD! So what seams to be the
> problem? I
> use the program Windows movie maker. Do I need another program or what?
>
> Thanks for any answer!
>
> /Anna

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 4:40:07 PM

Hi!

Yes I 100 % sure I have a DVD burner. That was one of the specific reasons I
bought this computer, and it is also written "inside" the computer as
"outside".
(I also have a DVD rom).
(HP DVD-Writer +R/+RW 4x)(HP dvd writer & cd-writer) outside on the computer.

So, I don't know why it doesn't work to burn a DVD.....

/Anna

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Are you sure you have a DVD burner and not a DVD ROM?
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "roditisa/sweden" <roditisa/sweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:F5FB3BD8-7F76-4F4D-8A6F-89C7235B239C@microsoft.com...
> > Hi!
> >
> > I would like to burn a DVD from my DV camera. I have captured the film,
> > but
> > when I try to make the film, my computer says that I don't have a "burn
> > unit". I do have one, both for CD and DVD! So what seams to be the
> > problem? I
> > use the program Windows movie maker. Do I need another program or what?
> >
> > Thanks for any answer!
> >
> > /Anna

May 2, 2005 11:00:07 PM

What DVD burning software came with your PC? Windows MovieMaker cannot burn
a DVD. You need software such as WinDVD Creator, Nero, Roxio,
PowerProducer, Sonic etc.
--

message news:3B7B6AF8-F21D-4FB9-86E9-67A316B72907@microsoft.com...
> Hi!
>
> Yes I 100 % sure I have a DVD burner. That was one of the specific reasons
> bought this computer, and it is also written "inside" the computer as
> "outside".
> (I also have a DVD rom).
> (HP DVD-Writer +R/+RW 4x)(HP dvd writer & cd-writer) outside on the
> computer.
>
> So, I don't know why it doesn't work to burn a DVD.....
>
> /Anna
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>

>> Are you sure you have a DVD burner and not a DVD ROM?
>> --
>> Cari
>> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>>
>> "roditisa/sweden" <roditisa/sweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:F5FB3BD8-7F76-4F4D-8A6F-89C7235B239C@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > I would like to burn a DVD from my DV camera. I have captured the film,
>> > but
>> > when I try to make the film, my computer says that I don't have a "burn
>> > unit". I do have one, both for CD and DVD! So what seams to be the
>> > problem? I
>> > use the program Windows movie maker. Do I need another program or what?
>> >
>> > Thanks for any answer!
>> >
>> > /Anna

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 12:13:05 PM

Hi!

I have WinDVD Creator, and when I try to burn a DVD the program says "No
disc found". Even though I've tried both DVD-R and DVD+R.
I've also tested other burning software, and none seems to work! the program
either says, no DVD burning unit or no disc found or the disc I have is
broken. I have tons of DVDs and I they all can't be broken, can they? :-)

I know something is wrong, but what?

/Anna

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What DVD burning software came with your PC? Windows MovieMaker cannot burn
> a DVD. You need software such as WinDVD Creator, Nero, Roxio,
> PowerProducer, Sonic etc.
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "roditisa/sweden" <roditisa/sweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:3B7B6AF8-F21D-4FB9-86E9-67A316B72907@microsoft.com...
> > Hi!
> >
> > Yes I 100 % sure I have a DVD burner. That was one of the specific reasons
> > bought this computer, and it is also written "inside" the computer as
> > "outside".
> > (I also have a DVD rom).
> > (HP DVD-Writer +R/+RW 4x)(HP dvd writer & cd-writer) outside on the
> > computer.
> >
> > So, I don't know why it doesn't work to burn a DVD.....
> >
> > /Anna
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >

> >> Are you sure you have a DVD burner and not a DVD ROM?
> >> --
> >> Cari
> >> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
> >>
> >> "roditisa/sweden" <roditisa/sweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:F5FB3BD8-7F76-4F4D-8A6F-89C7235B239C@microsoft.com...

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 7:09:29 PM

Contact HP... it sounds like the drive itself has died.
--

message news:D 6650F72-52E6-4007-A14F-C893C6CAB119@microsoft.com...
> Hi!
>
> I have WinDVD Creator, and when I try to burn a DVD the program says "No
> disc found". Even though I've tried both DVD-R and DVD+R.
> I've also tested other burning software, and none seems to work! the
> program
> either says, no DVD burning unit or no disc found or the disc I have is
> broken. I have tons of DVDs and I they all can't be broken, can they? :-)
>
> I know something is wrong, but what?
>
> /Anna
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> What DVD burning software came with your PC? Windows MovieMaker cannot
>> burn
>> a DVD. You need software such as WinDVD Creator, Nero, Roxio,
>> PowerProducer, Sonic etc.
>> --
>> Cari
>> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>>
>> "roditisa/sweden" <roditisa/sweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:3B7B6AF8-F21D-4FB9-86E9-67A316B72907@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Yes I 100 % sure I have a DVD burner. That was one of the specific
>> > reasons
>> > bought this computer, and it is also written "inside" the computer as
>> > "outside".
>> > (I also have a DVD rom).
>> > (HP DVD-Writer +R/+RW 4x)(HP dvd writer & cd-writer) outside on the
>> > computer.
>> >
>> > So, I don't know why it doesn't work to burn a DVD.....
>> >
>> > /Anna

May 6, 2005 11:09:59 PM

is your burning software actually looking at the DVD burner and not the
DVD Rom?

!