Burn DVD

Hi!

I would like to burn a DVD from my DV camera. I have captured the film, but
when I try to make the film, my computer says that I don't have a "burn
unit". I do have one, both for CD and DVD! So what seams to be the problem? I
use the program Windows movie maker. Do I need another program or what?

Thanks for any answer!

/Anna
6 answers Last reply
More about burn

    Are you sure you have a DVD burner and not a DVD ROM?
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "roditisa/sweden" <roditisa/sweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:F5FB3BD8-7F76-4F4D-8A6F-89C7235B239C@microsoft.com...
    > Hi!
    >
    > I would like to burn a DVD from my DV camera. I have captured the film,
    > but
    > when I try to make the film, my computer says that I don't have a "burn
    > unit". I do have one, both for CD and DVD! So what seams to be the
    > problem? I
    > use the program Windows movie maker. Do I need another program or what?
    >
    > Thanks for any answer!
    >
    > /Anna

    Hi!

    Yes I 100 % sure I have a DVD burner. That was one of the specific reasons I
    bought this computer, and it is also written "inside" the computer as
    "outside".
    (I also have a DVD rom).
    (HP DVD-Writer +R/+RW 4x)(HP dvd writer & cd-writer) outside on the computer.

    So, I don't know why it doesn't work to burn a DVD.....

    /Anna

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Are you sure you have a DVD burner and not a DVD ROM?
    > --
    > Cari
    > (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >
    > "roditisa/sweden" <roditisa/sweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:F5FB3BD8-7F76-4F4D-8A6F-89C7235B239C@microsoft.com...
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > I would like to burn a DVD from my DV camera. I have captured the film,
    > > but
    > > when I try to make the film, my computer says that I don't have a "burn
    > > unit". I do have one, both for CD and DVD! So what seams to be the
    > > problem? I
    > > use the program Windows movie maker. Do I need another program or what?
    > >
    > > Thanks for any answer!
    > >
    > > /Anna

    What DVD burning software came with your PC? Windows MovieMaker cannot burn
    a DVD. You need software such as WinDVD Creator, Nero, Roxio,
    PowerProducer, Sonic etc.
    --

    message news:3B7B6AF8-F21D-4FB9-86E9-67A316B72907@microsoft.com...
    > Hi!
    >
    > Yes I 100 % sure I have a DVD burner. That was one of the specific reasons
    > bought this computer, and it is also written "inside" the computer as
    > "outside".
    > (I also have a DVD rom).
    > (HP DVD-Writer +R/+RW 4x)(HP dvd writer & cd-writer) outside on the
    > computer.
    >
    > So, I don't know why it doesn't work to burn a DVD.....
    >
    > /Anna
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >

    >> Are you sure you have a DVD burner and not a DVD ROM?
    >> --
    >> Cari
    >> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >>
    >> "roditisa/sweden" <roditisa/sweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message news:F5FB3BD8-7F76-4F4D-8A6F-89C7235B239C@microsoft.com...
    >> > Hi!
    >> >
    >> > I would like to burn a DVD from my DV camera. I have captured the film,
    >> > but
    >> > when I try to make the film, my computer says that I don't have a "burn
    >> > unit". I do have one, both for CD and DVD! So what seams to be the
    >> > problem? I
    >> > use the program Windows movie maker. Do I need another program or what?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for any answer!
    >> >
    >> > /Anna

    Hi!

    I have WinDVD Creator, and when I try to burn a DVD the program says "No
    disc found". Even though I've tried both DVD-R and DVD+R.
    I've also tested other burning software, and none seems to work! the program
    either says, no DVD burning unit or no disc found or the disc I have is
    broken. I have tons of DVDs and I they all can't be broken, can they? :-)

    I know something is wrong, but what?

    /Anna

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > What DVD burning software came with your PC? Windows MovieMaker cannot burn
    > a DVD. You need software such as WinDVD Creator, Nero, Roxio,
    > PowerProducer, Sonic etc.
    > --
    > Cari
    > (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >
    > "roditisa/sweden" <roditisa/sweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:3B7B6AF8-F21D-4FB9-86E9-67A316B72907@microsoft.com...
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > Yes I 100 % sure I have a DVD burner. That was one of the specific reasons
    > > bought this computer, and it is also written "inside" the computer as
    > > "outside".
    > > (I also have a DVD rom).
    > > (HP DVD-Writer +R/+RW 4x)(HP dvd writer & cd-writer) outside on the
    > > computer.
    > >
    > > So, I don't know why it doesn't work to burn a DVD.....
    > >
    > > /Anna
    > >
    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >

    > >> Are you sure you have a DVD burner and not a DVD ROM?
    > >> --
    > >> Cari
    > >> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    > >>
    > >> "roditisa/sweden" <roditisa/sweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > >> message news:F5FB3BD8-7F76-4F4D-8A6F-89C7235B239C@microsoft.com...

    Contact HP... it sounds like the drive itself has died.
    --

    message news:D6650F72-52E6-4007-A14F-C893C6CAB119@microsoft.com...
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have WinDVD Creator, and when I try to burn a DVD the program says "No
    > disc found". Even though I've tried both DVD-R and DVD+R.
    > I've also tested other burning software, and none seems to work! the
    > program
    > either says, no DVD burning unit or no disc found or the disc I have is
    > broken. I have tons of DVDs and I they all can't be broken, can they? :-)
    >
    > I know something is wrong, but what?
    >
    > /Anna
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> What DVD burning software came with your PC? Windows MovieMaker cannot
    >> burn
    >> a DVD. You need software such as WinDVD Creator, Nero, Roxio,
    >> PowerProducer, Sonic etc.
    >> --
    >> Cari
    >> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >>
    >> "roditisa/sweden" <roditisa/sweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message news:3B7B6AF8-F21D-4FB9-86E9-67A316B72907@microsoft.com...
    >> > Hi!
    >> >
    >> > Yes I 100 % sure I have a DVD burner. That was one of the specific
    >> > reasons
    >> > bought this computer, and it is also written "inside" the computer as
    >> > "outside".
    >> > (I also have a DVD rom).
    >> > (HP DVD-Writer +R/+RW 4x)(HP dvd writer & cd-writer) outside on the
    >> > computer.
    >> >
    >> > So, I don't know why it doesn't work to burn a DVD.....
    >> >
    >> > /Anna

    is your burning software actually looking at the DVD burner and not the
    DVD Rom?

    roditisa/sweden wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Yes I 100 % sure I have a DVD burner. That was one of the specific reasons I
    > bought this computer, and it is also written "inside" the computer as
    > "outside".
    > (I also have a DVD rom).
    > (HP DVD-Writer +R/+RW 4x)(HP dvd writer & cd-writer) outside on the computer.
    >
    > So, I don't know why it doesn't work to burn a DVD.....
    >
    > /Anna
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >

    >>Are you sure you have a DVD burner and not a DVD ROM?
    >>--
    >>Cari
    >>(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >>
    >>"roditisa/sweden" <roditisa/sweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >>message news:F5FB3BD8-7F76-4F4D-8A6F-89C7235B239C@microsoft.com...
    >>
    >>>Hi!
    >>>
    >>>I would like to burn a DVD from my DV camera. I have captured the film,
    >>>but
    >>>when I try to make the film, my computer says that I don't have a "burn
    >>>unit". I do have one, both for CD and DVD! So what seams to be the
    >>>problem? I
    >>>use the program Windows movie maker. Do I need another program or what?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for any answer!
    >>>
    >>>/Anna

Video DVD Burner Windows XP