Phat's Phamily Phriendly CS:S Server

Last response: in Video Games
July 9, 2005 3:46:09 PM

Jethro has a dedicated server running CS:S on his friends 10M\1M
connection
It's updated and password protected.

Phat's Phamily Phriendly CS:S Server
24.226.66.169:27015

Looks like it has slightly better upload speed than my 512k :-)

Jethro: Can you arrange for a mapcycle like this for Sunday 10th starting
8pm BST?

cs_assault
cs_compound
cs_italy
de_aztec
de_dust
de_dust2
de_inferno
de_prodigy
de_office

And password :)
Thanks

- Peter

--
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me
spread!

So, who is going to join this bash?
July 10, 2005 6:44:49 AM

Jimbob proclaimed...

> So, who is going to join this bash?

I'll be there unless I get so absurdly drunk that I can't turn up by 8-
9pm. I'm out from 3-4pm so I should manage to make it back on time.

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog
Related resources
July 10, 2005 8:50:14 AM

>Geocites has those horrible banners on the right hand side.

You can minimise those :p
July 10, 2005 9:09:04 AM

Question:

Is it ok to invite my brother and friend to the bash tonight?

Suppose it depends on how many turn up.
July 10, 2005 9:30:42 AM

Yep, that ok with you peter?
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 1:05:18 PM

"Jimbob" wrote
> So, who is going to join this bash?

Sorry about the server confusion :)
The bash will be at Peter's Playground: 80.198.168.162:61651

Check here for details:
http://www.geocities.com/peteraghl/cssbash.html

You have a dierect link to the server on the page

- Peter
July 10, 2005 3:37:43 PM

Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

> Sorry about the server confusion :)
> The bash will be at Peter's Playground: 80.198.168.162:61651
>
> Check here for details:
> http://www.geocities.com/peteraghl/cssbash.html
>
> You have a dierect link to the server on the page
>
> - Peter

Nice peter.

Question: Why do you use gecities. Geocites has those horrible banners
on the right hand side. With a little searching you could find a most
better host and some of the paid ones are very cheap and very efficient.
That's not mention running it from your PC either, either on your PC or
on a 'crashbox'

Let me know if you want any urls.

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog
July 10, 2005 4:14:25 PM

Jimbob proclaimed...

> You can minimise those :p

Use a decent host and you dont need to.

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog
July 10, 2005 4:21:47 PM

Jimbob proclaimed...

> Is it ok to invite my brother and friend to the bash tonight?
>
> Suppose it depends on how many turn up.

I'd say have them turn up at about 8.30. If the server is got spaces,
they can join. I think that sounds fair?

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 6:02:54 PM

"Strider" wrote

> Nice peter.

Thanks :)

> Question: Why do you use gecities. Geocites has those horrible banners
> on the right hand side.

Ahh it aint that bad :)

> With a little searching you could find a most better host and some of the
> paid
> ones are very cheap and very efficient.

Ahh yes I know
These first pages is just a little experiment
I can trust geocities to not fall apart within a reasonable amount of time

If I can put something decent together maybe some of the editing sites could
offer me some hosting :)

> That's not mention running it from your PC either, either on your PC or
> on a 'crashbox'

I might do that but I need a cheap little box which runs 24/7
I haven't got any spares yet - besides an old 486DX2

> Let me know if you want any urls.

Free site with less banners?
Hehe

- Peter
July 10, 2005 6:02:55 PM

Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

> If I can put something decent together maybe some of the editing sites could
> offer me some hosting :)

Quite possible. I got my clansites hosting by just getting involved in a
project for the admin.

> > That's not mention running it from your PC either, either on your PC or
> > on a 'crashbox'
>
> I might do that but I need a cheap little box which runs 24/7
> I haven't got any spares yet - besides an old 486DX2

486 would be enough, if it's running linux. With your connection I'd
just run it from home.

> > Let me know if you want any urls.
> >
> Free site with less banners?
> Hehe

Free sites with no banners.

Typical, can't find it. Just run it through google.

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 6:38:55 PM

"Jimbob" wrote
> Yep, that ok with you peter?

The more the merrier :)

- Peter
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 6:38:56 PM

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:38:55 +0200, "Peter [AGHL]"
<peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Jimbob" wrote
>> Yep, that ok with you peter?
>>
>The more the merrier :)
>
>- Peter

in case you haven't checked your email recently, please forward the
password to me.
doctor.ratt at the obvious.

tia,

dr ratt

the man who crosses me and leaves me alive.
he understands nothing about tuco.
nothing.
July 10, 2005 8:48:31 PM

"doctor.ratt" wrote

> in case you haven't checked your email recently, please forward the
> password to me.

Done

- Peter
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 8:48:32 PM

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:48:31 +0200, "Peter [AGHL]"
<peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote:

>"doctor.ratt" wrote
>
>> in case you haven't checked your email recently, please forward the
>> password to me.
>
>Done
>
>- Peter

ta. cya there 8pm bst.

dr ratt

the man who crosses me and leaves me alive.
he understands nothing about tuco.
nothing.
July 10, 2005 9:46:46 PM

<peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote:

>"doctor.ratt" wrote
>
>> in case you haven't checked your email recently, please forward the
>> password to me.
>
>Done
>
>- Peter

Do you know how many are in, ie is it full? I might join later if I'm
back in time.
I was in previous bashes but can't remember the password.......pretty
please? :)

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org
Anonymous

Thanks Bigjosb, maybe we could use it for the next bash, maybe next
weekend?
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 5:23:03 PM

"Peter Lykkegaard" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Jethro has a dedicated server running CS:S on his friends 10M\1M
> connection
> It's updated and password protected.
>
> Phat's Phamily Phriendly CS:S Server
> 24.226.66.169:27015

What's "Family Friendly" about it? Just interested cos my kiddie would love
to watch, but I don't let him near a game if it's got gruesome graphics or
bad language (so GTA:SA is out).
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 5:59:25 PM

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Jimbob" wrote
>> Yep, that ok with you peter?
>>
> The more the merrier :)

Our clan has 3 servers, atm we are set up as, 1 44 man server for public
playing, 1 16 man that we had custom maps on but seems to be back to normal
rotation, and 1 17 man server for ed matches and pcw's.

They are hosted in redbus (london UK), and we generally have damn fine
connections to it.

If you have any probs with your setup Peter then feel free to use our 16
man, it doesn't have a password, and is usually empty, people either want to
play on the 44man, or not at all. The IP Is 213.151.43.11:27014

Let us know on here if u fancy it, I keep meaning to join u at one of your
bashes, but never seem to be able to time it right.

--
Bigjosb
Anonymous

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:59:25 +0100, "Bigjobs"
<bigjobs@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>If you have any probs with your setup Peter then feel free to use our 16
>man, it doesn't have a password, and is usually empty, people either want to
>play on the 44man, or not at all. The IP Is 213.151.43.11:27014

steam server browser is telling me that's an invalid address.

dr ratt

the man who crosses me and leaves me alive.
he understands nothing about tuco.
nothing.
July 11, 2005 7:49:45 PM

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:46:26 +0100, doctor.ratt
<spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:59:25 +0100, "Bigjobs"
><bigjobs@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>If you have any probs with your setup Peter then feel free to use our 16
>>man, it doesn't have a password, and is usually empty, people either want to
>>play on the 44man, or not at all. The IP Is 213.151.43.11:27014
>>
>steam server browser is telling me that's an invalid address.

strike that, port number.

dr ratt

the man who crosses me and leaves me alive.
he understands nothing about tuco.
nothing.
July 11, 2005 7:49:46 PM

"doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:46:26 +0100, doctor.ratt
> <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:59:25 +0100, "Bigjobs"
>><bigjobs@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>>>If you have any probs with your setup Peter then feel free to use our 16
>>>man, it doesn't have a password, and is usually empty, people either want
>>>play on the 44man, or not at all. The IP Is 213.151.43.11:27014
>>>
>>steam server browser is telling me that's an invalid address.
>>
> strike that, port number.

bugger

213.151.43.11:28015

sry

--
Bigjobs
Anonymous

"G Hardy" wrote

> What's "Family Friendly" about it? Just interested cos my kiddie would
> love
> to watch, but I don't let him near a game if it's got gruesome graphics or
> bad language (so GTA:SA is out).

AGHL bashes is normally clear of fould or abusive language/behaviour and is
generally just killing spare time in a fun way :)
About the graphics it's as gruesome as it gets in HL2/CS:S

How old is he?

- Peter
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 8:59:20 PM

> "G Hardy" wrote
> >
> > What's "Family Friendly" about it? Just interested cos my kiddie would
> > love
> > to watch, but I don't let him near a game if it's got gruesome graphics
or
> > bad language (so GTA:SA is out).
> >
> AGHL bashes is normally clear of fould or abusive language/behaviour and
is
> generally just killing spare time in a fun way :)
> About the graphics it's as gruesome as it gets in HL2/CS:S
>
> How old is he?

Six. He's a lot more open-minded about computer violence than I am ("It's
only a game, daddy.") but I think missing limbs or spouting gore is
something I'd rather he avoided. If it's no worse than what you get in HL2,
I don't mind him seeing.

He's actually quite observant ("There's someone in that tower" etc) so it
would actually give me something of a boost over my usual cr*p ability.
July 12, 2005 3:49:49 AM

Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

> AGHL bashes is normally clear of fould or abusive language/behaviour

Err

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 5:02:48 AM

Peter [AGHL] wrote:

> AGHL bashes is normally clear of fould or abusive language

Except Strider on the mic ;-)

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
July 12, 2005 5:36:34 PM

G Hardy wrote:
> "Peter Lykkegaard" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Jethro has a dedicated server running CS:S on his friends 10M\1M
>>connection
>>It's updated and password protected.
>>
>>Phat's Phamily Phriendly CS:S Server
>>24.226.66.169:27015
>

> What's "Family Friendly" about it? Just interested cos my kiddie would love
> to watch, but I don't let him near a game if it's got gruesome graphics or
> bad language (so GTA:SA is out).

That's the name we put on the server as it's kind of a Dad's and kids
server. It could be the Dad's and some kids between the age of 12 and 15.
It's a place were my LAN party buddies and hook up and smack each other
(and the kids) around.
We keep it clean and fun. Very close to AGHL bash rules.

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

Ben Cottrell wrote:
> Peter [AGHL] wrote:
>
>> AGHL bashes is normally clear of fould or abusive language
>

> Except Strider on the mic ;-)

That's why we usually ask, "Any little ears in room?" before heaping
verbal abuse on each other.

Anyone know how to program the bots with AGHL bash rules?
We run bots on it to make teams bigger but those buggers always flock
off and rush the spawns. We have to keep calling them back to make them
play RIGHT!
--
!