How does Photo Story 2 (or 3) differ from Movie Maker? Does Photo Story
allow me any more freedom with audio than Movie Maker? Specifically, will I
be able to 'splice' two songs together? For example, fading one song out
while simultaneously fading another song in without any gaps?
--
rlc

Movie Maker allows you to have A LOT more freedom than Photo Story. With MM
you can make the pictures fit the exact length of the song my dragging the
picture in the timeline and making it a certain number of seconds (to the
hundredth of a sec. 1.45, 2.67, 4.56seconds) Photo Story only let's you go
to the nearest whole second (1, 2, or 3). By being able to go to fractions
of a sec. you can make for example 40 pictures fit exactly to 1 song. With
Photo Story you can't, you'll just have to fade the song out wherever the
pictures stop.
W.D.
"rlc" <rlc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does Photo Story 2 (or 3) differ from Movie Maker? Does Photo Story
> allow me any more freedom with audio than Movie Maker? Specifically, will
> be able to 'splice' two songs together? For example, fading one song out
> while simultaneously fading another song in without any gaps?
> --
> rlc

Thanks for the reply. I've used MM2 for still photos and it was ok. Maybe
I'll try a free trial download, but it doesn't sound like it would be worth a
seperate purchase. Thanks again.
--
rlc

"W.D. Parker" wrote:

> Movie Maker allows you to have A LOT more freedom than Photo Story. With MM
> you can make the pictures fit the exact length of the song my dragging the
> picture in the timeline and making it a certain number of seconds (to the
> hundredth of a sec. 1.45, 2.67, 4.56seconds) Photo Story only let's you go
> to the nearest whole second (1, 2, or 3). By being able to go to fractions
> of a sec. you can make for example 40 pictures fit exactly to 1 song. With
> Photo Story you can't, you'll just have to fade the song out wherever the
> pictures stop.
> W.D.
> "rlc" <rlc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How does Photo Story 2 (or 3) differ from Movie Maker? Does Photo Story
> > allow me any more freedom with audio than Movie Maker? Specifically, will
> > be able to 'splice' two songs together? For example, fading one song out
> > while simultaneously fading another song in without any gaps?
> > --
> > rlc

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Why dont you try it to evaluate. its free.

--
Rehan
MS MVP -- Digital Media

"rlc" <rlc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does Photo Story 2 (or 3) differ from Movie Maker? Does Photo Story
> allow me any more freedom with audio than Movie Maker? Specifically, will
> be able to 'splice' two songs together? For example, fading one song out
> while simultaneously fading another song in without any gaps?
> --
> rlc

Thanks, I'll do it.
--
rlc

"Rehan" wrote:

> Why dont you try it to evaluate. its free.
>
> --
> Rehan
> MS MVP -- Digital Media
> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
>

> "rlc" <rlc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How does Photo Story 2 (or 3) differ from Movie Maker? Does Photo Story
> > allow me any more freedom with audio than Movie Maker? Specifically, will
> > be able to 'splice' two songs together? For example, fading one song out
> > while simultaneously fading another song in without any gaps?
> > --
> > rlc

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

rlc wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I've used MM2 for still photos and it was ok. Maybe
> I'll try a free trial download, but it doesn't sound like it would be worth a
> seperate purchase. Thanks again.

PhotoStory 3 is completely free: Not just the trial the whole product.
So its worth having as the small sizes of files it produces makes it
ideal for sending your compilation over the email or posting on net. The
picture quality is also better than MM and the ability to adjust pan
zoom parameters allows you to use much more creativity in your work.

--
Rehan
MS MVP (Digital Media)