power calibration error

I have a pc running winXp sp2, pentium4 2.6, 512mb. ihave been able to burn
video dvds without problems untill recently when i started to get "power
calibration errors". As my pc is still under warrenty Fujitsu replaced the
dvd recorder with a new unit. but i still get the error message. I have tried
different media (Imation, Philips and Mr DVD). I have updated the firmware
for the dvd+rw. I have even disconnected the dvd-rom and set the recorder as
master and ha it as the only optical drive on the computer but nothing works.
By the way I can still write music cds, mp3 cds and data dvds but not video
dvds.
Any one else with ideas? I am statarting to lose what little hair I have
left.
--
Bisto
1 answer Last reply

    Shoud've mentioned I have tried to burn with dvds with nero. tried
    uninstalling and reinstalling with latest update. tried ashampoo burning
    studio 5, copy to dvd, and alcohol 120. still the same result.
    --
    Bisto

    "Bisto" wrote:

    > I have a pc running winXp sp2, pentium4 2.6, 512mb. ihave been able to burn
    > video dvds without problems untill recently when i started to get "power
    > calibration errors". As my pc is still under warrenty Fujitsu replaced the
    > dvd recorder with a new unit. but i still get the error message. I have tried
    > different media (Imation, Philips and Mr DVD). I have updated the firmware
    > for the dvd+rw. I have even disconnected the dvd-rom and set the recorder as
    > master and ha it as the only optical drive on the computer but nothing works.
    > By the way I can still write music cds, mp3 cds and data dvds but not video
    > dvds.
    > Any one else with ideas? I am statarting to lose what little hair I have
    > left.
    > --
    > Bisto

Video Windows XP