Remote Access

Lordrel

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2001
Here is my problem. I have two locations that need to talk to each other. Preferably, I need one machine to log onto a server at a different location to access a central database. At both locations are NT 4.0 Servers running the networks. One location has a cable modem, the other wireless DSL. Both share access through a router, one that we own, the other owned by the DSL company. What is a good way to configure this to work? Neither location has a static IP address attached to the access. I was thinking about jsut installing modems in the machines, to avoid the routers entirely.
any suggesstions?

Ron_Jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ur kinda vague with needed info. does the connection speed between the 2 sites matter? if it does, then modem may not be good. what about domains, trusts, & the # of pc's between the 2 sites that will be accessing (possibly simultaneously) the other sites servers?
do you need a permanent or temp link between the 2 sites? you will prolly need some guidance from the isp's. are you running any ftp software?

Cheers,

Ron_Jeremy

If you loan a friend $20 & never see them again, it was worth it.

Lordrel

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2001
Basically we will be running an appointment and patient accounting database that I would like to centralize. That really is the only reason the computers would need to connect. This would most likely need to be a permenant connection. No FTP would be necessary. Most likely I would only need one remote PC connecting to the primary server (which runs a 10 PC LAN). 2 different ISPs at the locations (oh joy).