I also bought the Windows 7 Home Premium set and I am currently trying to install it. The problem is, I can't format the hard drive/partition when it needs me to.
I receive the following error. "Failed to format the selected partition. error 0x80070057"
Now I would have thought that because I can delete and manipulate partitions of the drive itself, that the HDD is in working order. (i'm sure i'm wrong, but it is an assumption)
Here is what I can say is the setup:
- HDD is the only one in the system.
- HDD is plugged into SATA 1, Optical drive into SATA 3
- HDD is recognised in BIOS.
- HDD has no jumpers at present (again from what I read they weren't necessary)
- And no I don't have another PC to plug the HDD into to check it is working or format.
I don't know if there is anything else I should have checked.
Has anyone got any clue as to why this would be happening, everywhere that has guides to a "clean install" of windows 7 mentions nothing about this issues. Please help.
Thank you in advance, any pointers would be hugely appreciated.
Thank you so much, I swapped the two cables over (old SATA i had lying around and the new one that came with the mobo) and it worked like a dream, crazy that the Optical device is working fine with the old cable but the HD just wouldn't have it