PAL -> NTSC audio out of sync

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with converting a dvd from PAL
to NTSC.. I've ripped the PAL source using DVD Decrypter, converted from VOB
to AVI using Auto GK, converted the AC3 to wav using PX3 Convert, and
converted from PAL avi to NTSC m2v/wav using TMPGEnc Plus, then re-burned
using Encore.

The problem is that about halfway through the audio and video appear a
little out of sync. It's not a large gap, but it's noticeable. I don't
understand why though, as both the m2v and wav outputted by TMPGEnc are the
exact same legnth. The new .wav associated with ntsc does appear to be
converted, being about 20 ms longer now than the original pal .wav that PX3
outputted. I don't get it :\ Any reasons this might be happening or
solutions?

Josef

"josef" <no@spam.plz> wrote:

>Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with converting a dvd from PAL
>to NTSC.. I've ripped the PAL source using DVD Decrypter, converted from VOB
>to AVI using Auto GK, converted the AC3 to wav using PX3 Convert, and
>converted from PAL avi to NTSC m2v/wav using TMPGEnc Plus, then re-burned
>using Encore.
>
>The problem is that about halfway through the audio and video appear a
>little out of sync. It's not a large gap, but it's noticeable. I don't
>understand why though, as both the m2v and wav outputted by TMPGEnc are the
>exact same legnth. The new .wav associated with ntsc does appear to be
>converted, being about 20 ms longer now than the original pal .wav that PX3
>outputted. I don't get it :\ Any reasons this might be happening or
>solutions?

I don't know why it happened, but I've done that sort of thing before
without any noticeable problem like that. After using DVD Decrypter,
I used DVD2AVI to convert the VOB to AVI (huffyuv codec) while also
converting the AC3 audio to WAV format. It may be that one of the two
different programs you used at that point introduced the sync problem.

: I don't know why it happened, but I've done that sort of thing before
: without any noticeable problem like that. After using DVD Decrypter,
: I used DVD2AVI to convert the VOB to AVI (huffyuv codec) while also
: converting the AC3 audio to WAV format. It may be that one of the two
: different programs you used at that point introduced the sync problem.

er.. it can convert the ac3? how do you get it to do that? i don't see
anywhere to tell it what AC3 to use...

er nm, i got it.
thanks for the advice, i'm gonna try it this way now and see if it still
happens

: