can you NLE a DVD?

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I've managed to record video onto a Panasonic (DMR E55EG) DVD recorder.
I hooked my Canon GL-1 via firewire into the DVD recorder and shot away.
Can I now import the data into my computer and edit it Non Linear?
5 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    On 30 May 2004 16:52:32 -0000, Dave Parish <""> wrote:

    >I've managed to record video onto a Panasonic (DMR E55EG) DVD recorder.
    >I hooked my Canon GL-1 via firewire into the DVD recorder and shot away.
    >Can I now import the data into my computer and edit it Non Linear?

    panasonic do a progra called dvd-moviealbumse which lets you edit a
    dvd-vr disk.

    i record onto ram
    read ram in my pc and remove adverts using above program
    output to dvd-r to keep.

    ulead dvd-moviefactory 3 disc creator allows the same process.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Dave Parish wrote:
    > I've managed to record video onto a Panasonic (DMR E55EG) DVD recorder.
    > I hooked my Canon GL-1 via firewire into the DVD recorder and shot away.
    > Can I now import the data into my computer and edit it Non Linear?

    Nothing more complicated than feeding the composite output of your DVD
    player into your capture card.

    Gary Eickmeier
  3. Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    By the original poster's use of the word "data", the popular assumption is
    that he's looking to avoid having to convert from digital to analogue and
    then back to digital...

    "Gary Eickmeier" <geickmei@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

    > Dave Parish wrote:
    > > I've managed to record video onto a Panasonic (DMR E55EG) DVD recorder.
    > > I hooked my Canon GL-1 via firewire into the DVD recorder and shot away.
    > > Can I now import the data into my computer and edit it Non Linear?
    > >
    > Nothing more complicated than feeding the composite output of your DVD
    > player into your capture card.
    >
    > Gary Eickmeier

  4. Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    jdcarswell wrote:

    > By the original poster's use of the word "data", the popular assumption is
    > that he's looking to avoid having to convert from digital to analogue and
    > then back to digital...

    I would assume that it is the same thing - I could be wrong - once, in
    1956, I thought I was wrong, but I was wrong...

    Gary Eickmeier
  5. Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    I think he's asking if there's an easy way to directly use the VOB files in
    his NLE.

    I heard for a program in macworls called DVD X DV that does this conversion,
    but when I went to the site, there was no PC equivalent. vcd-help.com was
    no help either.

    Anyone used this approach ?

    Steve

    "Gary Eickmeier" <geickmei@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

    > Dave Parish wrote:
    > > I've managed to record video onto a Panasonic (DMR E55EG) DVD recorder.
    > > I hooked my Canon GL-1 via firewire into the DVD recorder and shot away.
    > > Can I now import the data into my computer and edit it Non Linear?
    > >
    > Nothing more complicated than feeding the composite output of your DVD
    > player into your capture card.
    >
    > Gary Eickmeier

Tuner Cards DVD Video Graphics