can you NLE a DVD?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 30, 2004 8:52:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I've managed to record video onto a Panasonic (DMR E55EG) DVD recorder.
I hooked my Canon GL-1 via firewire into the DVD recorder and shot away.
Can I now import the data into my computer and edit it Non Linear?

More about : nle dvd

Anonymous
May 30, 2004 11:02:05 PM

On 30 May 2004 16:52:32 -0000, Dave Parish <""> wrote:

>I've managed to record video onto a Panasonic (DMR E55EG) DVD recorder.
>I hooked my Canon GL-1 via firewire into the DVD recorder and shot away.
>Can I now import the data into my computer and edit it Non Linear?

panasonic do a progra called dvd-moviealbumse which lets you edit a
dvd-vr disk.

i record onto ram
read ram in my pc and remove adverts using above program
output to dvd-r to keep.

ulead dvd-moviefactory 3 disc creator allows the same process.
Anonymous
May 31, 2004 3:26:57 AM

Dave Parish wrote:
> I've managed to record video onto a Panasonic (DMR E55EG) DVD recorder.
> I hooked my Canon GL-1 via firewire into the DVD recorder and shot away.
> Can I now import the data into my computer and edit it Non Linear?

Nothing more complicated than feeding the composite output of your DVD
player into your capture card.

Gary Eickmeier
May 31, 2004 5:37:25 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

By the original poster's use of the word "data", the popular assumption is
that he's looking to avoid having to convert from digital to analogue and
then back to digital...

"Gary Eickmeier" <geickmei@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

> Dave Parish wrote:
> > I've managed to record video onto a Panasonic (DMR E55EG) DVD recorder.
> > I hooked my Canon GL-1 via firewire into the DVD recorder and shot away.
> > Can I now import the data into my computer and edit it Non Linear?
> >
> Nothing more complicated than feeding the composite output of your DVD
> player into your capture card.
>
> Gary Eickmeier

Anonymous
May 31, 2004 7:01:24 PM

jdcarswell wrote:

> By the original poster's use of the word "data", the popular assumption is
> that he's looking to avoid having to convert from digital to analogue and
> then back to digital...

I would assume that it is the same thing - I could be wrong - once, in
1956, I thought I was wrong, but I was wrong...

Gary Eickmeier
Anonymous
May 31, 2004 7:45:23 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I think he's asking if there's an easy way to directly use the VOB files in
his NLE.

I heard for a program in macworls called DVD X DV that does this conversion,
but when I went to the site, there was no PC equivalent. vcd-help.com was
no help either.

Anyone used this approach ?

Steve

!