Windows Movie Maker 2 Question

Hi,

I have a problem with Windows Movie maker 2. Whenever i try to preview
anything in MM2 Nothing happens, and i cant do anything in the preview
window. I cant click play, stop or anything. I click play>play timeline many
times and it doesnt work. Am I missing something?

Try re-installing the program.
W.D.
"edieboy777" <edieboy777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with Windows Movie maker 2. Whenever i try to preview
> anything in MM2 Nothing happens, and i cant do anything in the preview
> window. I cant click play, stop or anything. I click play>play timeline
> many
> times and it doesnt work. Am I missing something?

hi,

thanks for replying. If you mean by reinstalling replacing the program files
in this computer with the ones from a good installation then yes i have done
that. I have reinstalled and it still doesnt work.

"W.D. Parker" wrote:

> Try re-installing the program.
> W.D.
> "edieboy777" <edieboy777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with Windows Movie maker 2. Whenever i try to preview
> > anything in MM2 Nothing happens, and i cant do anything in the preview
> > window. I cant click play, stop or anything. I click play>play timeline
> > many
> > times and it doesnt work. Am I missing something?

What type of files do you have in the timeline?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"edieboy777" <edieboy777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with Windows Movie maker 2. Whenever i try to preview
> anything in MM2 Nothing happens, and i cant do anything in the preview
> window. I cant click play, stop or anything. I click play>play timeline
> many
> times and it doesnt work. Am I missing something?

I have .avis, and .wmvs. BUT i have all the codecs needed and can play them
with the player not in MM2

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> What type of files do you have in the timeline?
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "edieboy777" <edieboy777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with Windows Movie maker 2. Whenever i try to preview
> > anything in MM2 Nothing happens, and i cant do anything in the preview
> > window. I cant click play, stop or anything. I click play>play timeline
> > many
> > times and it doesnt work. Am I missing something?

Just because you can play them in WMP doesn't mean you can use them in MM,
AVI's come in all flavours, lots not compatible, but WMV's should work, so
we do have a problem somewhere.
I'd check you have the latest direct x installed, is wmp version 10? Do you
have sp2 installed?
Check out www.papajohn.org which has lots of info on MM.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

>I have .avis, and .wmvs. BUT i have all the codecs needed and can play them
> with the player not in MM2
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> What type of files do you have in the timeline?
>>
>> --
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
>> www.dvds2treasure.com
>> www.simplydv.com
>>

>> "edieboy777" <edieboy777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have a problem with Windows Movie maker 2. Whenever i try to preview
>> > anything in MM2 Nothing happens, and i cant do anything in the preview
>> > window. I cant click play, stop or anything. I click play>play timeline
>> > many
>> > times and it doesnt work. Am I missing something?

Lets see, I have direct X 9.0c, i have divx, WMP 10, SP2,
DMO WMVA WMVideo Advanced Decoder DMO Microsoft Corporation qasf.dll -->
wmvadvd.dll
DMO MP4S Mpeg4s Decoder DMO Microsoft Corporation qasf.dll --> mp4sdmod.dll
DMO WMV Screen decoder DMO Microsoft Corporation qasf.dll --> wmsdmod.dll
DMO WMVideo Decoder DMO Microsoft Corporation qasf.dll --> wmvdmod.dll
DMO MP43 Mpeg43 Decoder DMO Microsoft Corporation qasf.dll --> mp43dmod.dll
DMO MPG4 Mpeg4 Decoder DMO Microsoft Corporation qasf.dll --> mpg4dmod.dll
DSH 3ivx D4 Video Encoder 3ivx.com 3ivxDSEncoder.ax
DSH DV Video Encoder qdv.dll
DSH Indeo® Video 5.2 Compression Filter Ligos Corporation Ir50_32.dll
DSH MJPEG Compressor quartz.dll
DSH XVID XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder xvid.ax
DSH DIVX DivX Decoder Filter DivXNetworks, Inc. divxdec.ax
DSH MPEG1 MPEG Video Decoder quartz.dll
DSH DirectVobSub (auto-loading version) Gabest vsfilter.dll
DSH WMV1 Windows Media Video Decoder Microsoft Corporation wmvds32.ax
DSH WMV2 Windows Media Video Decoder Microsoft Corporation wmv8ds32.ax
DSH DVSD DV Video Decoder qdv.dll
DSH DIVX DivX Decoder Filter DivXNetworks, Inc. divxdec.ax
DSH VP60 VP6 Decompressor On2.com Inc. vp6dec.ax
DSH MP43 3ivx D4 Video Decoder 3ivx.com 3ivxDSDecoder.ax
DSH MSS1 Microsoft Screen Video Decompressor Microsoft Corporation msscds32.ax
DSH IV41 Indeo® video 4.4 Decompression Filter Intel Corporation Ir41_32.ax
DSH IV50 Indeo® Video 5.2 Decompression Filter Ligos Corporation Ir50_32.dll
DSH MJPG AVI Draw quartz.dll
DSH Video Port Manager quartz.dll
DSH AVI Decompressor quartz.dll
DSH QTRpza QT Decompressor quartz.dll
DSH MJPG MJPEG Decompressor quartz.dll
VFW 3IV2 3ivx D4 4.5.1 Pro Video Codec 3ivx.com qcap.dll --> 3ivxVfWCodec.dll
VFW CVID Cinepak Codec by Radius Radius Inc. qcap.dll --> iccvid.dll
VFW DIV3 DivX ;-) MPEG-4 Low-Motion Hacked with Joy ! qcap.dll --> DivXc32.dll
VFW DIV4 DivX ;-) MPEG-4 Fast-Motion Hacked with Joy ! qcap.dll -->
DivXc32f.dll
VFW DIVX DivX® 5.2.1 Codec DivXNetworks, Inc. qcap.dll --> DivX.dll
VFW FPS1 Fraps Video Decompressor qcap.dll --> frapsvid.dll
VFW HFYU Huffyuv v2.1.1 - CCESP Patch v0.2.5 Disappearing Inc. qcap.dll -->
huffyuv.dll
VFW I263 Intel I.263 Video Driver 2.55.012 Intel Corporation qcap.dll -->
i263_32.drv
VFW IV32 Intel Indeo(R) Video R3.2 qcap.dll --> Ir32_32.dll
VFW IV41 Intel Indeo® Video 4.5 Intel Corporation qcap.dll --> Ir41_32.ax
VFW IV50 Ligos Indeo® XP Video 5.2 Ligos Corporation qcap.dll --> ir50_32.dll
VFW IYUV Intel IYUV codec Microsoft Corporation qcap.dll --> iyuv_32.dll
VFW M261 Microsoft H.261 Video Codec Microsoft Corporation qcap.dll -->
msh261.drv
VFW M263 Microsoft H.263 Video Codec Microsoft Corporation qcap.dll -->
msh263.drv
VFW MP42 Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V2 Microsoft Corporation qcap.dll -->
Mpg4c32.dll
VFW MP43 Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V3 Microsoft Corporation qcap.dll -->
Mpg4c32.dll
VFW MPG4 Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V1 Microsoft Corporation qcap.dll -->
Mpg4c32.dll
VFW MRLE Microsoft RLE Microsoft Corporation qcap.dll --> msrle32.dll
VFW MSVC Microsoft Video 1 Microsoft Corporation qcap.dll --> msvidc32.dll
VFW VP31 VP31® Compressor On2.com qcap.dll --> vp31vfw.dll
VFW VP60 VP60® Simple Profile On2.com qcap.dll --> vp6vfw.dll
VFW VP61 VP61® Advanced Profile On2.com qcap.dll --> vp6vfw.dll
VFW VP62 VP62® Heightened Sharpness Profile On2.com qcap.dll --> vp6vfw.dll
VFW WMV3 Microsoft Windows Media Video 9 Microsoft Corporation qcap.dll -->
wmv9vcm.dll
VFW XVID XviD MPEG-4 Codec qcap.dll --> xvidvfw.dll

thats what i found on my system(codecs)

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Just because you can play them in WMP doesn't mean you can use them in MM,
> AVI's come in all flavours, lots not compatible, but WMV's should work, so
> we do have a problem somewhere.
> I'd check you have the latest direct x installed, is wmp version 10? Do you
> have sp2 installed?
> Check out www.papajohn.org which has lots of info on MM.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "edieboy777" <edieboy777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have .avis, and .wmvs. BUT i have all the codecs needed and can play them
> > with the player not in MM2
> >
> > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
> >
> >> What type of files do you have in the timeline?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Graham Hughes
> >> MVP Digital Media
> >> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> >> www.dvds2treasure.com
> >> www.simplydv.com
> >>

> >> "edieboy777" <edieboy777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

It may well be some of the codecs you have installed are interfering with
others. I no longer use divx as it caused too much trouble on my system, not
that others don't use it succesfully.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media