Capture-problem

I´v problem to capture from vcr.

Hardware is a panasonic taperecorder playing avhs casette.
For capture I use PC with card Pinnacle DV-500 with breakoutbox
to Premiere 6.02

When I try to capture thru capture movie under arkiv in premiere, I
can do so but left side is not good on the movie. It looks good on tv
when I capture. But when playing film from PC( view clip in premiere
or wmp in windows) it has not a good left edge also some disturbance
in botton.

My settings in premiere project is
general=editing mode Pinacle avi pal 25/sek
video= 720-576 and D1/DV PAL
keyf. and rend = lower field first
Capture=Pinnacle-AVI capture (input composite,format PAL open DML,
Audio 48 khz, General =primary surface

Anyone who can help me to make it better?

/Emmi

Emmi <emmi@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I´v problem to capture from vcr.
>
>Hardware is a panasonic taperecorder playing avhs casette.
>For capture I use PC with card Pinnacle DV-500 with breakoutbox
>to Premiere 6.02
>
>When I try to capture thru capture movie under arkiv in premiere, I
>can do so but left side is not good on the movie. It looks good on tv
>when I capture. But when playing film from PC( view clip in premiere
>or wmp in windows) it has not a good left edge also some disturbance
>in botton.

That is normal. You don't see it on the TV because the rough areas
are in the overscan part of the image which doesn't show up on the TV.

>My settings in premiere project is
>general=editing mode Pinacle avi pal 25/sek
>video= 720-576 and D1/DV PAL
>keyf. and rend = lower field first
>Capture=Pinnacle-AVI capture (input composite,format PAL open DML,
>Audio 48 khz, General =primary surface
>
>Anyone who can help me to make it better?

I think you'll have to re-encode it while masking the ugly areas (if
you're planning to put in on DVD, you'll need to re-encode it anyway).
I'm not familiar with your software, but I know it can be done with
TMPGEnc.