I need to make a dvd can someone give me instructions

Hi

I have a video card Ati 9600xt and I need to do make a dvd. I would
like to upload a VCR tape into my computer and make it a dvd. I
believe this is the right way. However I really do not know what the
process is. What kind of cables do I need, software. etc.

Can someone pleaes assist me with this. Thank you!

There are plenty of video capture guides available on www.dvdrhelp.com and
www.doom9.org.