Compression Menu Choices In VirtualDub

What is the difference between the menu choices in VirtualDub of
Compression and Compression ( compatibility )? I use the Huffyuv 2.2.0
in the Select Video Compression window. In the Compression (
compatibility ) window, I use Full Frames ( uncompressed). This is the
setup that seems to work well , with no dropped frames and good
quality.

One more question do I need to Enable Direct Draw acceleration?

Thanks,
Jim

Red '57 wrote:
> What is the difference between the menu choices in VirtualDub of
> Compression and Compression ( compatibility )? I use the Huffyuv 2.2.0
> in the Select Video Compression window. In the Compression (
> compatibility ) window, I use Full Frames ( uncompressed). This is the
> setup that seems to work well , with no dropped frames and good
> quality.

Depending on which menu option you use to capture, it will use the
standard or compatibility mode. So it's only going to use one of those
settings at a time.

> One more question do I need to Enable Direct Draw acceleration?

No.

-WD

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 00:37:27 -0400, Will Dormann
<wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

As always, Thanks Will. I am a VirtualNewbie to VirtualDub, but am
getting better. It has solved all my dropped frame problems.

Thanks,
jim