Window Movie Maker not working after installing SP2

sue

Help! I use my camcorder all the time. Since installing
SP2 says my camera isn't configured correctly. IT's a
newer digital recorder with a mini DV (Firewire).

I tried uninstalling SP2 and it works I reinstall and it
does not

Windows XP SP2 changes 1394b ports to S100 speed when you upgrade.

Few things to try:

1. Restore the sp1 1394 part and leave the rest of sp2.
2.Capture with Stoik (www.stoik.com )
3. Go into windows using "safe mode" (tap F8 when starting computer) and
then successfully change these three files: 1394bus.sys, ochi1394.sys and
arp1394.sys

--
Brian Alves

Listen to the new podcast
for DV creators- The DV Show!
http://www.thedvshow.com

Sue <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help! I use my camcorder all the time. Since installing
> SP2 says my camera isn't configured correctly. IT's a
> newer digital recorder with a mini DV (Firewire).
>
> I tried uninstalling SP2 and it works I reinstall and it
> does not

Sue,
Please visit my site,
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Problem%20Pages/CamNotWorkingUnderSP2.htm
and email an answer to all the questions, as fully as possilbe, as I am
collating info for MS to try and help solve the problem.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media