HELP!__Tracking_problem_with_HI-8

I have two HI-8 tapes that when I try to play them in a camcorder, the
screen just comes out bluescreen. The tape appears to be recorded OK
cos when I fast forward, the video is there (no sound obviously!)

Looks like a tracking problem with the original tape (tried it in
original camcorder, didn't work) and hasn't worked on several others
I've tried.

Can anyone help me please (UK only) - will pay good money for someone
with a professional hi-8 deck that supports manual tracking! These
tapes played OK in the past, so it's obviously just a tracking problem

Thanks

Peter

If they played back correctly in the original camcorder and others and they
no longer play back in the original machine one can only assume something
has gone wrong with the tape unless, of course, all the camcorders you have
tried recently have all been dropped and all now mistracking. Weird for
sure.

If you want to contact me privately at this address and send me one of the
tapes I will try passing it through a TBC but I can't guarantee that will
work.

--
Maurice Fleisher <videoenterprises@ntlworld.com>
www.videoenterprises-uk.co.uk